- Maintain games in a timely and enjoyable fashion agreeable to your opponents.
- Visit the ACWGC Main Forum, the Union Army HQ Forum (including the AotS Winchester Arms Subforum), and the AotS Home Page at least once a month to keep abreast of army news and developments.
- Upon receipt of the Army Commander's "Muster Call" e-mail, make either a Muster Report in the Winchester Arms Back Room, or make a response through the ACWGC Muster selection in the Reports Section of the Department of Records, or make a reply to the AC's E-mail before the 15th of each month.
- The Adjutant is responsible for a 1st of the month examination of the records of the officers of the Army of the Shenandoah at the ACWGC Automated System (Department of Records). The Adjutant shall examine end game reports to determine which officers are eligible for awards or battle honors. The Adjutant will forward this report to the Chief of Staff and Army Commander for action.
- He will also conduct a quarterly review of the Army records to determine which officer in each corps is to be awarded the Sheridan Combat Medal, which is based on total victories within that yearly quarter against Rebel officers. January, April, July and October are when this award will be determined. The Adjutant will report this information directly to the Army Commander or Chief of Staff with his recommendations by the 10th of each month following the end of the quarter.
- Using the quarterly reviews listed above, the Adjutant will update the Annual Games Report. At the end of the Calendar Year, the Adjutant shall report this information directly to the Chief of Staff and the Corps Commanders with his recommendations for additional awards.
- The Adjutant shall have such other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Army Commander or Chief of Staff.
- The Adjutant shall be considered an officer of the Army of the Shenandoah's Administrative Staff in addition to his field command duties.