October 2011 Promotion Report

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Pony Soldier

October 2011 Promotion Report

Post by Pony Soldier »

October 2011 Army of the Tennessee Promotion Report

ATTENTION TO ORDERS!

As of September 30, 2011 The following officer has earned sufficient OBD Points to deserve promotion to the next grade:

Lieutenant Colonel (P) Xavier Bordas, 5th Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, XV Corps to Full Colonel.

Please join me in congratulating Colonel Bordas on his promotion.

PARADE DISMISSED!
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, XVI Corps
Commanding
Joe Meyer

Re: October 2011 Promotion Report

Post by Joe Meyer »

Congratulations, Colonel! I've watched your career with great interest. You remind me of me!

Did I ever tell you about the time when, as a brand new captain, that I was given command of a division in a multi-player game! That's right a full division! What's more I was assigned to protect the army's inactive but vulnerable left flank while everyone else marched off to find and punish the enemy. Well, guess what? The enemy found me first! That's right, the whole Reb army came rolling right out of the woods and straight across those fields against my lone, 2-brigade division! It didn't last more than a turn or two, and all that I was left with was a a couple of routed and reduced infantry regiments and Col. Anonymous. But undaunted I kept up a rolling retreat that annoyed them Rebs greatly, until the rest of my army came swinging back into action. Quite a feat, actually...at least I thought so! But when it was all over, we had suffered a Minor Loss, and I wasn't asked to partake in the re-match.

Oh, well, we do what we can as we can! I'll have a beer!
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee