Officers of the Army of the Tennessee!

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
D.S. Walter

Officers of the Army of the Tennessee!

Post by D.S. Walter »

Gen. Tom Callmeyer has informed me that his personal situation does not allow him to return to his post as commander of the AoT any time soon. I have granted him a leave of absence of indefinite duration. I certainly hope that at some point in the future he will be able to return to the field of battle and this fine army.

In the meantime, Maj. Gen. Joseph C. Meyer, your acting chief of staff and lately acting army commander, has agreed to accept permanent command of the army. As he has overseen the consolidation of the old AoT and AoO from day one and has basically designed the new AoT from scratch, nobody could be more qualified to assume command than he. I regret losing my chief of staff, but I am convinced that General Meyer will be of infinitely more use to the Union Army if he is permitted to continue to develop and expand this fine army, forge it into a tightly-knit band of brothers and lead it to victory. That is my hope for the AoT and for its new permanent commander.

Gentlemen, please welcome your new army commander. I am sure you will serve loyally and faithfully under his fine leadership and support him in all his endeavours as best as you can.
Gen. Walter, USA
The Blue Blitz
"... and keep moving on."
http://www.acwgc-usa.org/
Antony Barlow

Re: Officers of the Army of the Tennessee!

Post by Antony Barlow »

I echo the sentiments of General Walter and hope that General Callmeyer will be back with us sooner rather than later. But you have an excellent man in General Meyer and I know that you will rally round and support him.
General Antony Barlow
Commander, Western Theater, Union Army

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow ... heater.htm