Change of Command Ceremony, AotT

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Joe Meyer

Change of Command Ceremony, AotT

Post by Joe Meyer »

OFFICERS OF THE ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE,
ATTENTION TO PARADE!

It has been my personal pleasure and distinct honor to have commanded so accomplished and fine a group as this particular field army, one that has established itself among the premier organizations of the ACWGC. By the remarkable sense of duty of its individual officers and its rising reputation as an army of skill upon the battlefields, the Army of the Tennessee has rightfully taken its place among her sister armies as a respected and viable force within the ACWGC Union Army. It is not necessary for me to recount the many personal and group triumphs that you, the officers of the AotT, have attained, for you carry those things within your memories as part of what you are. Nor is it necessary for me to elaborate upon the many considerate and kind services that you so whole-heartedly extended to me, for they are but reflections of your normally generous character. Your continuous commitment, enthusiasm and response to your membership within this club and your regard for you duties as an AotT officer is only surpassed by your patience and understanding for my own failings and lapses as they have occurred.

As I now more directly assume my duties as the UA GinC for this next year and a half, it is my hope that you continue to comport yourselves with the same exurberance and steadfastness with Lieutenant General Peterjohn that you so generously extended to me, and that you come to realize an even greater enjoyment and success in the actions you undertake. As you come to know your new commander, as I have come to know him the better part of this past year, you will see and appreciate his own abiding enthusiasm and sense of commitment. And I think you will find in Lieutenant General Dan Peterjohn a very solid and capable leader.

I shall remain a very interested observor and reader of the monthly exploits of the Army of the Tennesee as you will record them within your monthly Muster Reports. Among my regrets in leaving this command is that I could not have remained a little longer to have witnessed the blossoming of our newer officers in whom I have observed many excellent traits, and to coninue marvelling in the excellence of leadership exhibited by this army's command staff. This army's cadre, its Brigade Commanders, are the backbone of its strength, and I have never seen a cadre perform with such camaraderie.

In accordance with orders published this date within the Parade Ground & Mess Tent of the Union Army HQ Forum, I now officially relinquish command of the Union Army of the Tennessee to Lieutenant General Dan Peterjohn.

OFFICERS OF THE ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE,
Present, ARMS!...Order, ARMS!
Parade, DISMISSED!
Last edited by Joe Meyer on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

Pony Soldier

Assumption of Command

Post by Pony Soldier »

Headquarters
Army of the Tennessee
March 31, 2011
Gentlemen of the Army of the Tennessee,

With this dispatch, I assume command of the Army of the Tennessee from General Joe Meyer. All current regulations, policies and procedures remain in effect.

With that out of the way, I would like to say how pleased I am to have the opportunity to command what I believe to be the premier field army on active Federal service. That distinction has not occurred through accident. A number of factors have combined to make the Army of the Tennessee the enjoyable and effective entity it is today. Please join me in wishing Joe well and for continued success as the General in Chief of the Union Army.

First, and foremost, we all owe our gratitude for General Joe Meyer's vision, imagination, hard work and tenacity which pulled the Army of the Tennessee together from the ashes of the old Army of the Tennessee and Army of the Ohio. What had once been a collection of missing members and directionless commands is now a cohesive force that has steadily been producing victories on the battlefield.

Next, the members of the Army Command Staff must be recognized for their tireless efforts in maintaining the strength of the Army through the Monthly Muster program as well as through effectively integrating new members into the Army and the Club.
Finally, the Army's success would never have happened without the willing and enthusiastic participation of our Brigade Commanders. I thank you for your efforts and ask for your continued support in the future.

With General Meyer's departure, the Army of the Tennessee faces a new challenge to maintain its record of excellence. A number of key command and staff positions are now vacant due to Joe's departure. I have approached some of you to fill some of these slots. In the near future, I will be asking Brigade Commanders to step forward to accept the responsibility of Division Command.

The continued existence of the ACWGC depends very much on a small number of officers who volunteer their time to keep the club functioning as, not only an enjoyable pastime, but as a group of friends with a shared camaraderie. I sincerely hope that you will seriously consider accepting the gauntlet of command.
In closing, let me say that I appreciate the efforts of every member which have made the Army of the Tennessee an Army of Excellence.

I ask you for your continued support.

v/r

Dan Peterjohn
Lieutenant General, USV
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, XVI Corps
Commanding
jlytwak

Re: Change of Command Ceremony, AotT

Post by jlytwak »

General Meyer excellent & enthusiastic job!!!....your efforts have been tireless...I am sure you'll reach even greater heights as GinC !!! also congratulations to our new commander Gen.Peterjohn who I'm sure will carry on the tradition of the AoT with same vim & vigor of Gen.Joe!!!...a round of the finest bourbon on me!!!

<salute>
MG John Lytwak
3rd Div.(2nd calv) XVI AoT
babb35

Post by babb35 »

Generals,

Thank you for everything you do. To Gen. Meyer, good luck and best wishes from my brigade and I. To Gen. Peterjohn, it is great to be under you again as my commander and not just my mentor. 6th brigade is ready and willing.
BG. Babb, Charles
Cold Steel
6th Bgd (Cav. Artillery)3rd Div.
XVth Corp
Army of the Tennessee

Pop smoke and draw fire!
J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

Congratulations and good luck with your new command General Meyer and thank you for all of your time and hard work which has helped to bring about the excellent condition that The Army of the Tennessee finds itself in today. Congratulations and good luck to General Peterjohn whos commencement of command assures the army will continue in good strength and vigour.

<SALUTE>
Major Gen. John Sheffield
2nd Division (The Lost Tribe)
XVI Corps / Army of the Tennessee