Welcome to Lt. Len Hermer

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
rehartwig

Welcome to Lt. Len Hermer

Post by rehartwig »

Gentlemen of the Army of the Tennessee:

It is my privelege to welcome Lieutenant Len Hermer, newly appointed commander of the 2nd Cavalry Brigade, Third (1st) Cavalry Division, XV Corps.

Lieutenant, ride to the sound of the guns, close with the enemy and show no fear. The Union cause may very well depend on you.

Before the Lieutenant mounts up for his ride to glory, please join me in a toast. Gentlemen, I give you Lt. Hermer.

The first round is on me!
Gen Randy Hartwig
3rd Brigade, Third (1st) Cavalry Division, XVth Corps
AoT, USA
Joe Meyer

Re: Welcome to Lt. Len Hermer

Post by Joe Meyer »

A warm welcome to our army, Lt. Hermer! It is my hope that you enjoy a brilliant and successful career here among the most knowledgeable officers of the finest army in the North! And now to the drinks!

This reminds me of the time that I had marshalled the Army of the Potomac in the fields south of Gettysburg for a resurgent assault against the Rebs. Such a mammoth undertaking was not for the faint-hearted, and certainly was fraught with great uncertainty and caution. Yet I had found the wherewithal to employ one of my favorite tactics, "The Ghost Corps!"

This tactic employs the use of special ground and terrain, usually a road that comes into view of the enemy at an opportune place from behind a hill or out of a forested area. The road will run for a number hexes within the enemy's sight and then disappear into the unobservable terrain once again. There will be a connecting route, completely hidden that connects from that place back to the starting point to allow a relatively small force to march around and around the same ground, thus creating the illusion of many more troops.

I had found such ground there to the south of Gettysburg that hot July day and had ordered two small brigades and an equal number of artillery batteries to continue marching around the route, changing up the sequence with each passing. Within an hour or so a young captain came riding up to me demanding to know why his horses were being used up so needlessly for no apparent reason! I calmly ask him to dismount and join me for refreshments at my headquarters table in the shade. There I produced two, exactly labelled bottles of whiskey, one for myself and one for him, which we poured into separate glasses and sipped contentedly while I asked him about his home and family and his plans for after the war.

After he had finished sipping his tenth glass the captain began to exhibit a slight weaving in his seat and a slurring of his words. But that did not stop him from suddenly slamming his glass down upon the table and asking me again, "Sheneral, why are you's debilerating my whore-res to no real goods?"

I told him to keep still and I would show him. Then I picked up his bottle and carefully peeled away the false label to reveal the real label underneath, that of a bottle of mineral water! It took a moment for him to focus his eyes and read the truth. Then he shook himself, as if coming out of a dream, carefully stood up and gave me a very smart and proper salute. Wheeling quickly away with a smile upon his face he remounted his charger and rode back to his battery a wiser officer.

Then I passed out!
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

Stefan Reuter

Post by Stefan Reuter »

Welcome Lieutenant Hermer! :D
Maj.Gen. Stefan Reuter
2nd "Old Reliable" Division, XV. Corps, AoT
nealjhebert

Post by nealjhebert »

1st Lieutenant Hermer <salute>

Welcome to the ACWGC! The CSA is always looking for new Yankees to beat on :D

You have my compliments, suh!
Major General Neal Hebert
II Corps, Army of the Mississippi
Commanding
Stefan Reuter

Post by Stefan Reuter »

Welcome Lieutenant!
you need to be quick to catch a Rebel, They running away when they facing the XV. Corps. :D
Maj.Gen. Stefan Reuter
2nd "Old Reliable" Division, XV. Corps, AoT