Special AotT 2010 Awards Parade

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Joe Meyer

Special AotT 2010 Awards Parade

Post by Joe Meyer »

OFFICERS OF THE ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE,
ATTENTION TO PARADE!

As Commander of the Army of the Tennessee it is incumbent upon me to recognize the efforts displayed by a number of officers in their roles as leaders and contributors to the good administration and functioning of this field army. It is also a great personal pleasure for me to do so! I have watched these officers perform their various roles throughout the greater portion of this year, and have considered myself most fortunate in having them answering their duties and contributing their time in so consistent, steady and effective a manner. Their elective contributions have been of such a helpful and timely form, that they have richly earned themselves the following plaudits and appreciations.

The Distinguished Sevice Order, awarded at the discretion of the Theater Commander, is given to those officers who significantly contribute to the support of the Union Army. As there is no serving Western Theater Commander, and as I am the presently serving Union Army General-in-Chief, I am fully authorized to make both the recommendations as the AotT Commander and the awardance of this commendation to the following AotT officers.

General Randy Hartwig,
for his continuous and focused leadership of the XV Corps, his second such award.

Lieutenant General Michael Dowling,
for his dedicated and earnestwhile leadership of the XVI Corps, his second such award.

Brigadier Jeffrey McDonald,
for his consistent and continuous leadership of the First Infantry Division, XV Corps, his first such award.

Brigadier Stefan Reuter,
for his consistent and continuous leadership of the Second Infantry Division, XV Corps, his first such award.

Colonel John Sheffield,
for his consistent and continuous leadership of the Second Infantry Division, XVI Corps, his first such award.

Brigadier John Lytwak,
for his consistent and continuous leadership of the Third (2nd) Cavalry Divisison, XVI Corps, his first such award.

Brigadier General Rick Trembley,
for his prompt, thorough and focused contribution as the AotT Advanced Training Officer, his first such award.

The Outstanding Service Medal is awarded by the CoA (GinC) for extraordinary service in support of the Union Army. Once again, by virture of my present position as the acting Union Army General-in-Chief and Commander of the Army of the Tennessee I am empowered to concurerently make recommendation and awardance of this commendation to the following officers.

Major General Dan Peterjohn,
for his extraordinary, timely and purposeful performance in the role of the AotT's chief of staff, his first such award.

General Chuck Jensen,
for his incredibly enthusiatic, unwavering and consistent leadership of the First Infantry Division, XVI Corps, his second such award.

General Frank Mullins,
for his on-going initiative, commitment and direction of the graphical modifications of the HPS leadership and unit files, his first such award.

The commendations given to these officers on this date are an appreciative reflection of their personal contributions, such contributions being of sufficient length of time and nature as to be considered both directly and indirectly supportive of the overall welfare of the Army of the Tennessee and, as a consequence, of the Union Army in general. It has been my distinct pleasure to have made these awards and I look forward to making many more in the years to come!

OFFICERS OF THE ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE,
Present, ARMS!...Order, ARMS!
Parade, DISMISSED!
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

nealjhebert

Re: Special AotT 2010 Awards Parade

Post by nealjhebert »

Gentlemen <salute>

My congratulations to the officers recognized for their contributions both to the Army of the Tennessee and the ACWGC! I have the honor of having met both General Mullins and Brigadier General Trembley on the field of battle and know both to be worthy opponents and true gentlemen. I have no doubt the officers recognized who I have not yet met are cast from the same mold.

My regards,
Last edited by nealjhebert on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major General Neal Hebert
II Corps, Army of the Mississippi
Commanding
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Yuor sentiments are well spoken, General Hebert! Please join us for celebratory drinks and refreshments before General McOmish may arrive! Otherwise we may be staring at a line of empty bottles and a row of empty casks. :)
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

nealjhebert

Post by nealjhebert »

General Meyer <salute>

Suh, my compliments! I didn't know General McOmish was a drinker :roll:
Major General Neal Hebert
II Corps, Army of the Mississippi
Commanding
jlytwak

Post by jlytwak »

General Meyer,
Thank you sir for this distinction. It has been a pleasure to serve under your command.
An army well lead indeed!!!
YHS
BG J.Lytwak
J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

Thank you Sir, I consider it a great honor to have this award bestowed upon me and hope to maintain the level of contribution already fulfilled.

Kindest Regards
Major Gen. John Sheffield
2nd Division (The Lost Tribe)
XVI Corps / Army of the Tennessee