Nicodemus visits the "Eagle's Perch"

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
nealjhebert

Nicodemus visits the "Eagle's Perch"

Post by nealjhebert »

A scream is heard as the assembled officers of the Army of Tennessee stare into their drinks. Nicodemus swings open the door, calmly enters and tosses a severed hand onto the bar and says. "your doorman drew his weapon trying to stop me, so I disarmed him. Who's the fella that commands this whore house?" he asks as he strolls up to the bar and orders a whiskey.

"We don't serve your kind in here" states the bartender. "You gators are foul-tempered, drink too much and are generally hard on the other patrons. Besides, General Meyer would have my job if I served you." "Then I'll serve myself" replies Nicodemus as he takes the glass off a Yankee major and tosses it back.

"Major Masson, I understand you were specially recruited by the commander of this rat's nest to make us feel good about eventually losing this war. Unfortunately for you, he forgot to inform us of our imminent defeat. What division do you belong to? Does your commander have any balls, or does he use them to play marbles? Our riders were dispatched offering battle to your army commander over a week ago, with no reply. Are you gentlemen gonna act or just sit there whistling Dixie?"

Nicodemus makes his way back to the entrance and exclaims "you run up and tell Meyer it's safe to come out of hiding now, I'm leaving. I'm also relieving you of your packhorses; staring down Yankees is hungry work. We'll meet anyone not busy playing marbles."

BG Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, Army of the Mississippi
"Gator Alley"
Major General Neal Hebert
II Corps, Army of the Mississippi
Commanding