Passing through

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
LTGEN Tim Miller

Passing through

Post by LTGEN Tim Miller »

Gentlemen

On my way to the Battlefield and I thought I would stop and partake in your hospitality.
I do appreciate the warm vittles and the warmer liquors but I hate taking it from you
especially since the AotM is going to send you back north in a very hasty manner

Godspeed Gentlemen and I salute you for your valor

BG TLM
3/3/II/AotM
Joe Meyer

Re: Passing through

Post by Joe Meyer »

How refreshing to see a nearly refined Southern officer! You will note, sir, that we tend to put out our larger glasses for those who do not walk in barefoot or do not pretend to smell better than their horse. But we may refrain from filling that glass to its capacity if the drinker overly boasts about what he may do upon the battle field. Of course, if you are already enebriated before you actually walk in, as General McOmish most always is, then our compassion knows no end!
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

Your gracious hospitality knows no bounds General Meyer, this southerner may well be shod but I noticed that the back end is out of his pants. Although he is a BG he still rides a mule bareback which is the cause of his discomfiture.
Major Gen. John Sheffield
2nd Division (The Lost Tribe)
XVI Corps / Army of the Tennessee
LTGEN Tim Miller

Gentlemen

I see your reputation still procedes ya'll
always quick with the prose wit but as
dull as the butter knife when on the battlefield

I will though buy a round for all of you due to your generous hospitality

i would have save that round for ya'll in our tavern but I know ya'll will
never get that far south

Again Surs <SALUTE>
J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

B.G. Miller <SALUTE>

Sir, I do hope that you enjoyed our hospitality and I note that you did in fact state this.

Dull on the battlefield we Union boys must be of necessity, as disposing with large numbers of rebels is not something
to get animated about. We must always be respectful as we send them to their maker.

I thank you Sir for your kind generosity in the purchase of our good liquor but assure you that your kindness could
have been deferred until the Union pays a future visit to your tavern but I will say no more about this lest I make life easier
for the confederate spies.

Good day General. <SALUTE>
LTGEN Tim Miller

Gentlemen of the AoT

It would not be right as a Gentleman & Officer if I didnt point out a few social enigmas I noticed in your tavern

(1) Your Treasurer refuses to buy a chandelier until someone claims they can play one.....
(2) It was often commented amongst your officers the halloween pumkins had more teeth than their spouses/girlfriends
(3) another high ranking officer commenting to one of his peers that he thought when the other said he had a loaded dishwasher he thought his wife was drunk
and lastly
(4) One of your Generals thought a bubble bath was the result of eating too many beans

with that I will bide my leave and look forward to seeing any of you on the battlefield
Godspeed
Target1221

Post by Target1221 »

I had heard my new Lt General was over here picking some fights with you Yanks. I had formed a posse to come break him out but it appears he has been giving better than he has gotten. LG Tim Miller is assuredly one to be reckoned with! I am glad he is on our side.

Carry on Miller... I am off to go visit the Cat House up the road and see if I can find our Theater Commander there.

Lt. Gen. Blake Strickler
J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

Why if it's not General Miller still propping himself up at our bar. <Salute> I have visited your tavern and other
southern establishments General and therefore I do appreciate why you are so loathe to depart our fine hostelry.

Your points on the mysteries of social knowledge and understanding are well made General and got me thinking
of some of the many idiosyncrasies and foibles I witnessed on my visits to the aforementioned southern Inns.

I arived at your Tavern one morning and while at the bar I overheard several of your highest ranking officers
seated at a nearby table in serious conversation. "I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to" said one "I like cats, too.
Let's exchange recipes" said another.

Some other Generals of high standing among you southerners were having a debate at another table when suddenly all went quiet.
Not one of them uttered a word for quite some time. I just had to find out the reason and wandered over and noted that they
were staring at an orange juice bottle with the word 'concentrate' on it.

Other officers were heard to say - "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father" - "As far as I know, my computer
has never had an undetected error" and "I had to Return my bag of M & M's. It was full of W's!" but the one pearl of southern wisdom
I heard one General enlighten his audience with was - "Boys, listen up, never squat with your spurs on." :lol:

By this time my head was spinning which had nothing to do with the warm beer. I therefore made a quick exit.

With that General I will take my leave and as you say, we may at some future date cross swords on the battlefield. Sir I <SALUTE> you.
LTGEN Tim Miller

COL Sheffield

I <SALUTE> You
Not only for your prose but for defending your tavern and your army
maybe we can meet on the field to see if you are as adapt.

LTGen TLM
3/3/II/AotM
J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

Lt.Gen. Miller <Salute>

I would look forward to a contest General. Alas I do not have much room to maneuver at this time as I have a full card and there is also another tournament on the horizon, however if you do not mind a rather slow file turnaround for a time we could get something started. I do not mind large scenarios, just a problem in returning a file in a timely manner.

I have HPS - Antietam / Chickamauga / Corinth / Gettysburg / Peninsula.

Regards, Colonel Sheffield
Last edited by J. Sheffield on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTGEN Tim Miller

COL Sheffield

Would be honored to meet you on in a campaign of Corinth
please send courier with your preferred optional rules to
timandmaggie@CENTURYLINK.NET

LtGen TLM
3/3/II/AotM
J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

Courier sent General Miller,
please have your boys allow him safe passage.