Notice of Promotion: CPT Einar Jon Masson, Arty Bde/2/XVI

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
M.J. Dowling

Notice of Promotion: CPT Einar Jon Masson, Arty Bde/2/XVI

Post by M.J. Dowling »

Gentlemen,

Please join the leadership of XVIth Corps in congratulating LT Einar Jon Masson on his recent promotion to CAPTAIN. Huzzah!

Respectfully,

MJ Dowling
LtGen XVI Corps
Commanding
Joe Meyer

Re: Notice of Promotion: CPT Einar Jon Masson, Arty Bde/2/XVI

Post by Joe Meyer »

Congratulations to Captain Masson! He has, I heard, offered to buy everyone at least one drink from the bar...and I am here to claim not only my drink, but those of everyone who do not come in and partake!

Reminds me of the time I last visited Willard's Hotel in Washington D.C.! Yup, I was there on the occasion of General Walter's installation as the General-in-Chief. Lot's of folks there at the bar that day; correspondents, military men, all sorts of drummers and bummers, ladies of the night. Quite a crowd, and they all seemed to be calling for their drinks at the same time. The bartenders were pouring drinks like crazy, all up and down the bar as fast as they could. I could see that I might not be able to draw any attention to get my own drink, so I devise a plan to guarantee that I'd get at least one free one.

Strolling over to near the barroom doors, I feigned an excited look as I gazed outside and yelled out,"Look! There goes Mariah Carey!"

Within an instant there was a mad scramble by everyone towards the doors and windows, while I casually sauntered over to the bar and began emptying one forgotten glass after another. After I had downed my fifth drink the crowd began drifting back, all asking me the same question, "Who is Mariah Carey?" Tipping my hat I answered, "I believe that she once swam the English Channel!"
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

Congratulations Captain Masson, :D it is very much deserved, keep up the good work.
Major Gen. John Sheffield
2nd Division (The Lost Tribe)
XVI Corps / Army of the Tennessee
cruces

Post by cruces »

Captain <salute>

Congratulations . May your ride always be easy.

Col. Elkin
Horse Artillery/3rd Div/(2nd Cav)/XVI Corps AotT
Einar Jon Masson

Post by Einar Jon Masson »

Thank you Sirs
For all your kind words
Take care

Cpt. Einar Jon Masson
Artillery Brigade
Second Infantry Division
XVI Corps