Notice of Promotion, Col. Charles Babb

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
rehartwig

Notice of Promotion, Col. Charles Babb

Post by rehartwig »

Well, the place needs a little work after the rebs were here, but let's not let that spoil our time together.

Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce the promotion of Colonel Charles Babb to the rank of Brigadier General.

Congratulations General Babb! The first round is on me. Three cheers for General Babb!

HIP-HIP <HOORAY>

HIP-HIP <HOORAY>

HIP-HIP <HOORAY>

Now I have to make a little visit to the Army of the Mississippi......
Gen Randy Hartwig
3rd Brigade, Third (1st) Cavalry Division, XVth Corps
AoT, USA
cruces

Re: Notice of Promotion, Col. Charles Babb

Post by cruces »

Colonel <salute>

A well deserved promotion.

Col. Elkin
Horse Artillery/3rd/(2nd Cav)/XVI Corps AotT
J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

Congratulations Brig. Gen. Babb.

<SALUTE>
Major Gen. John Sheffield
2nd Division (The Lost Tribe)
XVI Corps / Army of the Tennessee
cameronm

Post by cameronm »

Well done Colonel Babb, I assume you are putting on many drinks for one and all ;)

Lt Gen Cam McOmish
1/1/1
AoA
CSA
Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

It was just a matter of time before Charles grabbed his first star! And a well-deserved effort it was! Its good to see such advancements from the field rank officers, and our army is well-salted in that regard. It reminds me of the "Lincoln Boswell Incident," which happened during the first year of this war.

Bowell was a young, newly promoted colonel who, despite his age, was actually the senior officer in his brigade. The brigade's regular commander, Col. Newman, was away on sick leave, recuperating from the "malaise" he'd picked up during the Mills Springs fight. As the division's commander I had watched young Boswell's rise and knew that it wouldn't be long before he also received his first "sheepskin!" Sure enough, the opportunity for that came just a few months later. (Ah, yes! Thank you, the beer will be fine!)

The Rebs hadn't completely withdrawn from the Mill Springs area, keeping a couple of understrengthed brigades dug in across the river. Boswell was given the task of finding a crossing above their position that night, and then co-ordinating his morning attack with the frontal assault we had arranged at the main ford. However, no one knew at the time that the Rebs had another, entire division marching to their re-enforcement; nor that it would be directly in Boswell's path! What happened that following morning exceeded anything that could have been imagined! And it all turned upon the vagaries of an army mule...
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

babb35

Post by babb35 »

Thank you gentlemen for the vote of confidence with the promotion and kind words. It is an honor and a privilage to except this rank. I have alot of good memories getting here and look forward to many more. I want to personally thank several people for my arriving to this point. General Peterjohn, for the time invested in my training and being patient with me. The many discussions of our service time in the Army. It made me feel welcomed. To my past and present chain of command. Without you the club would not work. Thank you. Alright now that thats out of the way, drinks are on me. I have a wagon out back acquired :lol: from a generals HQs with some really good booze on it and want to drink it up before he realizes it's gone.
BG. Babb, Charles
Cold Steel
6th Bgd (Cav. Artillery)3rd Div.
XVth Corp
Army of the Tennessee

Pop smoke and draw fire!
Pony Soldier

Post by Pony Soldier »

General Babb,

Sorry I haven't responded to this sooner, I've just returned from a job in Korea and I'm still loopy from jet lag.

However, I'm not too loopy to demand at least a portion of your lavish Brigadier's salary since, as you noted, I did train you so I am at least partially responsible for your success. (However, should you meet defeat, THAT'S on you!!) :P

Congratulations Charles! If you keep this up you will one day fulfill the prophecy I read on a latrine wall someplace:

"One of these days, I'm gonna run this place! Private Charles Babb!"

Dan

Major General, USV
Army of the Tennessee
Chief of Staff
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, XVI Corps
Commanding