Appointment--Lt. Gen. Michael Dowling

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
D.S. Walter

Appointment--Lt. Gen. Michael Dowling

Post by D.S. Walter »

U.S. WAR DEPARTMENT
THE GENERAL-IN-CHIEF

Washington, D.C.,
January 13th, 2010

Lt. Gen. Michael Dowling

Sir,

You are hereby informed that The President of the United States has appointed you General Commanding Sixteenth Corps in the Service of the United States, to rank from the thirteenth day of January, two thousand and ten. Should the Senate, at their next session, advise and consent thereto, you will be commissioned accordingly.

You will at once report, by letter, for orders to Maj. Gen. Joseph C. Meyer, acting General Commanding the Army of the Tennessee.

D.S. Walter
Gen.-in-Chief
Gen. Walter, USA
The Blue Blitz
"... and keep moving on."
http://www.acwgc-usa.org/
Joe Meyer

Re: Appointment--Lt. Gen. Michael Dowling

Post by Joe Meyer »

I am much gratified and pleased to see Lieutenant General Michael Dowling's appointment as commander of the XVI Corps. His past history with the Army of the Tennessee and his record of achievement will impart a very close and well-ordered character to the XVI Corps, one which, I believe, will quickly earn a reputation for both good camaraderie and successful action upon the battlefields of the ACWGC.
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

Antony Barlow

Post by Antony Barlow »

Congratulations and thank you for offering your services at this exciting time of change and renewal for the AoT. 8-)
General Antony Barlow
Commander, Western Theater, Union Army

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow ... heater.htm
J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

Congratulations on your appointment Sir.
Major Gen. John Sheffield
2nd Division (The Lost Tribe)
XVI Corps / Army of the Tennessee
cruces

Post by cruces »

Gen Dowling <salute>

Allow me to extend my warm congratulations as well. The Army of Tennessee has gained a find commander of the XVI corps.

As acting asst COS, if you send me a digital photo I will post it. Meanwhile here is a photo of one of your predecessors, Major General Stephen Hurlbut

Major Elkin
Asst COS (acting) AoT