Welcome to XVth Corps Lt. Allen Neil

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
rehartwig

Post by rehartwig »

Gentlemen of the Corps and the Army of the Tennesse (and any of you rebs lurking about there, you too): I bid you welcome Lt. Allen Neil, newly opponent to 5th Infantry Brigade, First Infantry Division, XV Corps.

The first round is on me gentlemen. Lt. Neil, welcome to the ACWGC, the AoT, XVth Corps and First Division. May you find success on the battlefield and kindred spirits and many friends in our club.
Gen Randy Hartwig
3rd Brigade, Third (1st) Cavalry Division, XVth Corps
AoT, USA
J. Sheffield

Re: Welcome to XVth Corps Lt. Allen Neil

Post by J. Sheffield »

Welcome to the Army of the Tennessee Lt. Neil, you have enlisted in a great army, one of the best.
Allow me to buy the next round of drinks in a toast to our new officer.
Major Gen. John Sheffield
2nd Division (The Lost Tribe)
XVI Corps / Army of the Tennessee
bukal

Post by bukal »

Welcome Sir Have a drink on me sir!!!
General Joseph Bukal
Xavier Bordas

Post by Xavier Bordas »

Thank you guys,

I'm as I was at home.

Just I want to say I use a pseudonym, my real name is Xavier, my first surname Bordas and second surname Dalmases (I’m Spanish), but I wish using my pseudonym. I'm 35 year old and I love playing TS games, specially Gettysburg and Bull Run. Too I want to learn playing HPS games.

thanks for your welcome!

please a bear!
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Where is the new lieutenant? Ah, yes! I see him there at the bar, flirting with Gretchen!

Glad to have you with us, Lt. Neil! You're just in time for the Fall Campaign, after you've finished your training here with Brigadier General Trembley. He's in your division, you know, and he's a very proficient task maker for new arrivals such as yourself. Mark my words, you'll be happy to have had the experience!

Say, did I ever tell you the about the time I was bitten by a Florida cottonmouth out there in the Everglades? Yup, it was in 1854, couple of years after that business down there in Mexico. I had been re-assigned to Fort Brooke in the Tampa area as the executive officer, but the commandant was then gone on leave and remained so for quite some time. In those days we were sadly understrengthed and woefully supplied. We used to supplement our rations with the native game, which was still fairly plentiful. I had gone out with two enlisted men to hunt some white-tail deer and wild hogs.

Well, we got sidetracked with taking up the trail of a renegade Seminole who, for the past couple of weeks, had been knifing folks while they slept...a real bad man by the name of "Yamassee Jack." We'd learned of his last depradation on our first day out, found the victim's cabin and then cut his trail shortly thereafter. Now this here "Jack" was said to have unusual powers over the animals of the glades, but I'd never put much credence into the stories until the second day out when I ran into that cottenmouth! The darn thing was just sitting there, hidden off the side of Jack's trail, just waiting to grab aholt of my ankle and spit that poison right on into me! Jack had actually written a small note addressed to me, "The Majur," and had it tied to the snake's tail. But how that snake knew to hit just me and not the two men that were walking ahead of me I'll never know!

He got me good, that critter did! And I thought I was a goner for sure! But Corporal Shuler remembered an old Creek Indian trick he'd been taught. It involve the...
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

Stefan Reuter

Post by Stefan Reuter »

Welcome Lt. Neil :D
Maj.Gen. Stefan Reuter
2nd "Old Reliable" Division, XV. Corps, AoT
Target1221

Post by Target1221 »

Welcome to the Club, sir! It is a downright shame you have chosen the losing side of the Club to join. But, hey, if your going to be on the losing side you may as well be stuck with the worst Army on the losing side!

So congratulations, sir!

:D
Gen. Blake Strickler
AOTM