AoT Passage in the Grand Review (Jan. 24th)

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Joe Meyer

AoT Passage in the Grand Review (Jan. 24th)

Post by Joe Meyer »

Gentlemen of the Army of the Tennessee,

The Grand Review honoring the the former Chief of the Army, General Jeff Laub, will start in the Mason Dixon Tavern on the 17th of this month. It will progress across the span of eight days, the last of which, Sunday, January 24th, will be the day that the AoT will form up and make its appearance.

If General Callmeyer has not returned by that time, I will lead the AoT in its passage. It was General Callmeyer's wish, as it is mine, that all members of this army will participate and show their appreciation for the time and commitment that General Laub volunteered during his four, continuous years of service as the Chief of the Army! Once the lead reply posting is made to General Walter's original thread posting, by either General Callmeyer or myself, each of you will then be able to make reply to that post by indicating your <SALUTE> and any sentiment you wish to express.

All officers are reminded that dress blues and white gloves will be the order of dress for the review. This army seldom arrays itself with such refinements, as it has a long history of gutsy campaigning and little regard for how it may look in accepting the hard won surrenders of its enemies! This Grand Review, however, is the exception.
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

Antony Barlow

Re: AoT Passage in the Grand Review (Jan. 24th)

Post by Antony Barlow »

I look forward to seeing the AoT in all its finery. Word has it that Gen Meyer has contacts in the textiles industry and has new finely crafted flags on order for each and every unit that will be the envy of every other army. 8-)
General Antony Barlow
Commander, Western Theater, Union Army

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow ... heater.htm