Notice of Promotion: Col. Stefan Reuter

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
rehartwig

Notice of Promotion: Col. Stefan Reuter

Post by rehartwig »

Gentlemen of the Army of the Tennessee, gather round so we may salute one of our brother officers. I have been notified that Colonel Stefan Reuter, 2nd Division of the XVth Corps (40 rounds!), is hereby promoted to Brigadier General. Let me be the first to congratulate this fine officer and outstanding gentleman. He has served the cause of the Union well.

Gentlemen of the AoT, I say ye, Brigadier General Stefan Reuter. Hip Hip <Hooray!> Hip Hip <Hooray!> Hip Hip <Hooray!>

The first round is on me, but only after you congratulate General Reuter. You Rebs there can congratulate him by offering those whittling knives you call swords. They would be his soon enough anyhow! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gen Randy Hartwig
3rd Brigade, Third (1st) Cavalry Division, XVth Corps
AoT, USA
Joe Meyer

Re: Notice of Promotion: Col. Stefan Reuter

Post by Joe Meyer »

This promotion has been well-earned by officer Reuter, and I am most pleased to see him get his first star! He has done excellent work as the Commander of the Second Infantry Division of General Hartwig's XV Corps, and has shown himself to be a very good administrator as well as an active player. This army is very fortunate to have him.

CONGRATULATIONS TO BRIGADIER GENERAL STEFAN REUTER!

Now I must find him and tell him about my experiences out West in California before this great war began. At the time, 1840, I was only a poor 2nd Lieutenant, assigned as the Commissary Officer for McGrig's Battery E, 1st U. S. Artillery. The battery was quartered at Benicia Barracks where on occasion we could see Grizzly bears swimming out in the San Pablo Bay. In those days I had to supplement our government rations with wild game, and I would take three 10-guage shotguns with me and strike out for various waterfoul and quail, which could be found in abundance a short distance ino the hills. On one such trip I was surprised and overcome by five Miwuk Indians, a normally peaceful people who on this occasion thought that I had been responsible for the ugly rape and beating of one of their maidens. My protestations went largely unheard until they had stripped me in preparation for the "Life Run," a cruel practice they visited upon those who had run afoul of their ways. With only my white skin as protection against the hot rays of that July sun, I made ready to set the world's record for the fastest 10-mile run ever undertaken by mortal man; but my fate took an unbelieveable turn for the better when...
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

S_Trauth

Post by S_Trauth »

Congratulations Stefan. . . advancement only means more administrative duties . . . so they may liquor you up in here ... but, yeah -there will be more pencil pushing, and now you have to set an example to us poor slob Colonels.

Enjoy the star :mrgreen: :ugeek: runs and hides.
S Trauth
Webmaster: http://Hist-sdc.com
Einar Jon Masson

Post by Einar Jon Masson »

Congratulations Colonel Sir ,I mean General Sir.

I have heard the name of Stefen Reuter strikes fear in the heart of the southerners and the likes of them ;o)
One is proud to be on his side ,and to share the same Army.
Take care Sir
Lt. Einar Jon Masson
Artillery Brigade
Second Infantry Division
XVI Corps
Army of the Tennessee
Stefan Reuter

Post by Stefan Reuter »

Sirs,

tank you very much for your kind words and withes. And this all only for doing my work as Union officer. :D
Maj.Gen. Stefan Reuter
2nd "Old Reliable" Division, XV. Corps, AoT
D.S. Walter

Post by D.S. Walter »

Congratulations, Stefan. You've been around for so long, it really came as a surprise to me that you didn't have a single star. Well, that's remedied now. Don't let us wait so long for the second. ;)
Gen. Walter, USA
The Blue Blitz
"... and keep moving on."
http://www.acwgc-usa.org/