Issuance of Service Medal to Former AoO Officers

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Joe Meyer

Issuance of Service Medal to Former AoO Officers

Post by Joe Meyer »

Shortly before the end of his official tenure as Chief of the Union Army, General Jeff Laub approved and issued the Army of the Ohio Service Medal to all of those AoO officers who declared themselves as still active in the ACWGC. All but two of these officers are now standing by for assignments within the new Army of the Tennessee.

The medallion, a combination of the corps symbols, is a replica of the actual device flown upon the Army of the Ohio command flag in 1865, a square-cut diamond occupying the center. The ribbon is rendered in the three, traditional divisional colors of red, white and blue, as most such Union Army service medals are. However, unlike the ACWGC Union Army of the James Service Medal, there is no script displayed upon the bar ribbon, and the shades and arrangement of the divisional colors are both slightly changed and edged with gold.

A similar service medal is being prepared for those officers of the old Army of the Tennessee who have announced their retirement.
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

laubster22

Re: Issuance of Service Medal to Former AoO Officers

Post by laubster22 »

Officers of the Army of the Ohio,

I offer to you all my humblest and profoundest thanks and gratitude for your service in the vaunted Army of the Ohio. I look forward to your continued service and excellence in the Army of the Tennessee, and hope you join me in forever remembering the proud tradition of the AoO.

With Respect,
General Jeff Laub
Eastern Theater, Commanding