First AotT Western Thunder Victory Recorded!

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Joe Meyer

First AotT Western Thunder Victory Recorded!

Post by Joe Meyer »

Telegraphic word has been received this date from Pea Ridge, Arkansas, from Colonel Stefan Reuter announcing the AotT's first Major Victory in the Western Thunder Tournament!

"Generals,

"I have the pleasure to inform you that I have won my fight at Pea Ridge vs BG Allan Howey, CoS, AoA with a Major Victory:-) Gen. Bragg is captured and his army destoyed.

"Respectfully,

"Colonel Stefan Reuter,
"2nd Division / XV. Corps / AotT"

This is welcomed news, indeed, and indicative of the emerging, fighting expertise of the officers of this army.
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

Stefan Reuter

Re: First AotT Western Thunder Victory Recorded!

Post by Stefan Reuter »

Gentlemen,

I guess I was a bit confused about the Bloodbath. It was at Missionary Ridge and not Pea Ridge. Sorry, my mistake. Both sides lost around 13.000 men. But my regiments have encircled the remainder of the Rebel army, taken all there supply and awaithing there surrender on the next morning. We fought the full 27 turn. I think I made a bit less mistakes than my hnorable opponent BG Hovey from the AoA.
Maj.Gen. Stefan Reuter
2nd "Old Reliable" Division, XV. Corps, AoT
Pony Soldier

Post by Pony Soldier »

Congratulations Steve!

I would consider it a minor victory if I could get my opponent to answer my moves!

Dan Peterjohn

Major General, etc
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, XVI Corps
Commanding
A.Trommel

Post by A.Trommel »

Congratulations Gen. Reuter!

And Gen. Peterjohn, same here. Col. Stiles of CSA was kind enough to jump in but my designated opponent never answered my initial dispatches so I just let it lapse.