LT Ephraim Burton: Newly assigned

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
M.J. Dowling

LT Ephraim Burton: Newly assigned

Post by M.J. Dowling »

Gentleman of the Army of Tennessee,

It is with great pleasure I announce the assignment of LT Ephraim Burton to the 4th Bde/Third (2nd) Cavalry Division/ XVIth Corps.

LT Burton is fine young officer even for a cavalry man. May we all wish him the best!

Michael J Dowling
Lt. Gen
XVIth Corps Cmdg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe Meyer

Re: LT Ephraim Burton: Newly assigned

Post by Joe Meyer »

Where is this fine, new officer...? Ah, yes, there he is over at the bar! Welcome to the Old Abe Tavern, Lieutenant! The boys of the Army of the Tennessee are quickly earning themselves a fine reputation, one that I'm certain you'll eventually have a hand in fashioning.

Did I ever tell you about the time that I was caught away from my staff while riding up upon South Mountain to have a look at Lee's forces? There I was intently studying the ground below me through my field glasses, when three of Stuart's finest burst out from among the trees and demanded my surrender. Now those three devils were all carrying carbines and sabres, and they could clearly see that my own revolver was tucked into its holster. What they didn't know was that I habitually carry a snubbed, double-barreled 8 guage in my saddlebag, so when I reached back to supposedly tuck my glasses into their pouch...
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

cameronm

Post by cameronm »

Don't listen to closely to the old generals story - the version I heard was that he reached in his saddle bag and pulled out a good bottle of whiskey and then he got the Rebs drunk as, then he snuck off. Welcome to the club son, although I can't condone unionism is any form - just plain evil. So take care out there as my boys will be keen as to put you to the sword, or give you some canister - remember it is not personal - have fun.

Lieutenant General Cam McOmish
1/1/1
AoA
CSA

(Duty CSA Tavern Raiding Officer)
Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
A.Trommel

Post by A.Trommel »

Welcome Lt. Burton,

I hope you will have fun hunting the graybacks, we usually have inferior cavalry but artillery is always superior and there is nothing like blasting Confederate regiment with battery of Napoleons.

Anyways welcome aboard and feel free to use Gen. McOmish for target practice. No need to thank me Gen. McOmish, I know how much you enjoy the company.
Einar Jon Masson

Post by Einar Jon Masson »

Welcom Lt. Ephraim Burton

You have been assigned to the most outstanding unit of the Union Army.
Welcome Lautinant ,and keep your aim low and your gun steady.
Lt. Einar Jon Masson
Army of the Tennessee
XVI Corps
2nd Division
Artillery Brigade
J. Sheffield

Post by J. Sheffield »

:D Welcome Lt. Burton, you have joined one of the best armies of the UNION.
Barkeep please top up the lieutenent's glass.
Major Gen. John Sheffield
2nd Division (The Lost Tribe)
XVI Corps / Army of the Tennessee
Ephraim Burton

Post by Ephraim Burton »

Sorry for the delays before answering to the post, I was out of internet for a week.

Thank you very much for your hearty welcome. I am glad to serve in the Army of the Tennessee, especially in its cavalry forces. I am determined to fight rebels until my last breath.