AotT Welcomes Lt. Brian Twist!

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Joe Meyer

AotT Welcomes Lt. Brian Twist!

Post by Joe Meyer »

Lt. Brian Twist made this post at the Cadet's Canteen.

A quick introduction.

I live in the UK, up in the North of the country. I have a partner and four children aged between one and thirteen. I work as a configuration engineer for a Japanese company based in the UK.

I discovered the John Tiller games only recently and quite by accident. I decided to take the plunge and bought the Campaign Gettysburg game. Since then I've added Shenandoah, Overland (and Waterloo) to my library. My friend and I have been doing a PBEM of the Battle of Gettysburg and the Campaign in Overland (what an amazing battle The Wildness is).
We've been scratching around blindly with the optional rules, trying to figure out how they work.
I've always enjoyed online strategy games, my current favorites being the Scourge of War series, Strategic Command: World War 2, Field of Glory 2... but the John Tiller games have quite literally taken over my time of late.
What has been a real treat with the JTS games is it has opened my eyes to so many Civil War battles I had very little knowledge of. It's been a great historical learning curve playing these games.

I look forward to my training and perhaps gaming with some of you in the future.

best wishes to all.

B. Twist
AotT

General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

shsober

Re: AotT Welcomes Lt. Brian Twist!

Post by shsober »

Welcome Lieutenant. A toast in your honor is mandated and we will be happy to drink at your pleasure and expense. It is, in my humble opinion, a Sober responsibility.
Maj. Gen. Steve Sober, ACWGC
1st "Vincit Qui Patitur" Division, XV Corps
Army of the Tennessee
UMA Chief of Staff