Lt. Ryan Dukeman Welcomed!

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Joe Meyer

Lt. Ryan Dukeman Welcomed!

Post by Joe Meyer »

Officers of the AotT,

Please welcome Lieutenant Ryan Dukeman to our ranks. He is recently graduated from the Union Military Academy and posted the following within the Cadet's Canteen.

"I am a 43 year old residing in Michigan, but do not let that number lull you into doubt. I can still hold a rifle straight and I can aim straighter. Upon the hearing from some dear friends of mine that they are joining the army to fight, I was in line to sign up at once! Imagine my disappointment, however, when I was told that my training would not be finished in time to join the effort that is at this moment making it's move towards Richmond, Virginia to put a stop to this war. I did so wish to fight, but one of the other cadets heard it from a courier who heard it from one of General McDowell's aides who said the army commanders are anticipating a quick fight down there and this whole affair shall end in just a few months. Although bittersweet, I do wholeheartedly believe this to be truth. It is fact that once they see the glorious might of our nation's finest, those rebels would be fools to press on. Just one or two volleys from our lines and those boys will be running home to their families, I guarantee. I even hear that there are citizens traveling down alongside the army to witness the action. How grand it would be to see first hand this rebellion utterly destroyed! Alas, I am stuck here to finish out my training. But my enthusiasm does not waver! I will be proud to wear the blue uniform and help maintain peace and order as our nation once again restores itself to full glory. I will do my part to assist in erasing this event so as to prevent history from ever looking back upon it as our darkest hour."

Good to have you with us, Ryan!
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

shsober

Re: Lt. Ryan Dukeman Welcomed!

Post by shsober »

Welcome to the Eagle's Perch, XV Corps and the 1st Division, Lieutenant Dukeman! Allow my orderly to store your hat and your sword, he will assure they are well taken care of. I'll be looking for your messenger.
Maj. Gen. Steve Sober, ACWGC
1st "Vincit Qui Patitur" Division, XV Corps
Army of the Tennessee
UMA Chief of Staff