Maj. Gen. McDonald Retires

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Joe Meyer

Maj. Gen. McDonald Retires

Post by Joe Meyer »

The following dispatch was sent this date.

Major General Jeffrey McDonald, ACWGC
Commander, First Infantry Division, XV Corps,
Union Army of the Tennessee

General,

This is to inform you that as of this date, September 19th, 2018, you have been officially retired from active duty with the Union Army of the Tennessee and the American Civil War Game Club as per your request. Please accept my personal wishes for your good health and welfare in any and all endeavors you undertake. Also know that I have deeply appreciated the long tenure of divisional command you have recorded and hold you in the highest regard for your services, especially in light of your past exertions of 2017. As a graduate of the UMA Class of 2002 you have honorably left behind you a record of devotion and activity over the years that well demonstrates the depth of your character and successes.

Should you at any future time be able and elect to re-activate your commission you will be freely admitted back into the club membership.

I am, Jeff, in all respects, most courteously yours,

General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee

AotT officers and others are invited to pay their compliments to a fine, former club member.
General Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Commander, Union Army of the Tennessee