Reporting for duty

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Daniel Houghtaling

Reporting for duty

Post by Daniel Houghtaling »

Good afternoon,
Lt. Daniel Houghtaling reporting for duty. I'm 41, originally from Lansing, Michigan (currently in Saint Clair Shores, MI), and have been playing CW games in various forms for about 30 years now. That being said, this is my first "go" at gaming with previously unknown opponents. I'm very happy to be a part of this club, and look forward to participating in it.

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.

Lt. Daniel Houghtaling
D. Hampel

Re: Reporting for duty

Post by D. Hampel »

Lt. Houghtaling, Sir <Salute>

Welcome to the club. Great to have another Michigander in the mix. ;o) (From Caro and live outside Ann Arbor)

I would recommend you get setup for a Lt. Cup match. That is a great way to meet some new Rebs and get your feet wet in battle.

The link is:
http://www.wargame.ch/wc/acw/sub/vmi/VMI/Cup.htm

There is a link in the middle of the site on who to contact to setup a match:

To join in on the Tournament please contact one of the following Officers:
General Nick Kunz, CSA or General David Danner, USA

Happy Holidays and all the best!
Union War Dog!
MG Derek Hampel
Cmdr. Second Div., XV Corps
Army of the Tennessee
R. Miskinis

Post by R. Miskinis »

Lt. Houghtaling,

<Salute>

Welcome to the Club. I hope you find it rewarding and that it enhances your skill with the games. I only play the Tiller Battleground Series as I, unfortunately, have not had the time to dive into the HPS games. From what I hear they are great.

You should find some enjoyable opponents and some not so enjoyable!

As a side note you should visit the Eagles Conference Hall and look over previous muster calls if you so desire. Since you just joined I am guessing you will not be required to report in for this month. I will send you a email around the beginning of every month calling the muster. I will also post in the Conference Hall. You will get more points towards promotion if you post in the Conference Hall but it is by no means mandatory.

As your new division commander feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to assist you.

Welcome!

Rich Miskinis
2/XVI Commanding
Pete Russo

Post by Pete Russo »

Lt. Houghtaling, Salute!

Welcome to the club and the AoT!
You can call on any of us crusty old officers for help or support.
Watch out for those rebs and their conniving "local rules".
respects

Lt.General Pete Russo
XVI
Army of the Tennessee