2nd Division, XVI Corps Nickname

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE'S OPEN FORUM. Primary, open source facility for all AotT news, Award Parades, announcements, chatter and good cheer.
Pony Soldier

2nd Division, XVI Corps Nickname

Post by Pony Soldier »

I am pleased to announce that I am adopting "The Lost Tribe" as the official nickname of the 2nd Division, XVI Corps. The origin of this name comes from one of its commanders, General A.J. Smith who was referring to the division's wanderings through the Wester Theater from command to command. For those who are interested in more information about the 2nd Division and its nicknames; I refer you to the research conducted by Lt Col Neal Carney posted of the Aot History Forum.

v/r

Dan Peterjohn
Major General, USV
2nd Division 'The Lost Tribe', XVI Corps, Army of the Tennessee
Commanding
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, XVI Corps
Commanding
cameronm

Re: 2nd Division, XVI Corps Nickname

Post by cameronm »

I am not so sure about the name - a bit like something from Survivor :D However if your are having a few beers in honour of the new name, make mine a Harpoon Ale -Cheers :!:

Major General Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers
(1/1/1) AoA
CSA
Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
Pony Soldier

Post by Pony Soldier »

General McOmish,

I'm always glad to hear input from others, even from someone misguided enough to adopt the cause of rebellion! As to my division's nickname, Well, it was either 'The Lost Tribe,' or 'The Blue Meanies!' Since my wife is from Liverpool and my son-in-law has been busily turning me into a Football Hooligan for the Liverpool Football Club, I've lost any connection I might have had for John Lennon (To be honest, it hasn't been much of a sacrifice)-so, 'The Lost Tribe' it is!

You're certainly welcome to any brand of beer you wish in this tavern. After serving in Asia and Europe, I can speak with some authority on their beers. I have visited Kiwi-Land but I've never been to Australia. I did learn the hard way one dark night not to get into drinking contests with Aussies (The same goes for Canadians!).

v/r

Dan Peterjohn
Major General, USV
etc.
Dan Peterjohn
Commanding
cameronm

Post by cameronm »

Are you or were you in the services :?:

Major General Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers
(1/1/1) AoA
CSA
Gen Cam McOmish
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)

CSA
Pony Soldier

Post by Pony Soldier »

Hello Cam,

I was a Tank and Armored Cavalry Officer in the US Army for 24 years. I tended to volunteer for overseas duty so I got around a bit. My trip to New Zealand involved accompanying my Father and Uncle on a trip to the islands they fought on in WWII. My Uncle Bob was stationed near Wellington briefly before setting off for such garden spots as Guadalcanal, Bougainville and Luzon.

I understand you were in the Navy?

Dan
Dan Peterjohn
Commanding
cameronm

Post by cameronm »

Yep 22.5 years - I got to the west coast of the States and Canada a few times, plus lots of other odd places. I had a great time at public expense :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cam
Gen Cam McOmish
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)

CSA