Introduction

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

choles1
AotS

Introduction

Post by choles1 »

New to the unit...

I am an experienced player and played my first military strategy Board game in 1960 and first computer strategy game in 1982. I have a significant number of HPS and JT strategy games, as well as many others and have played PBEM scores of times over the years. I also was Regular Army (Arm. Cav), served with the 25th Infantry Division as an infantry platoon leader and company XO in Vietnam. I consider myself a decent military historian. I am up for any game challenge, so bring it on.
Joe Meyer

Re: Introduction

Post by Joe Meyer »

Welcome to the ACWGC Union Army, Bob! And thank you for your former service as a member of the U.S. Armed Forces. I hope your stay with us will prove to be enjoyable and satisfying.

<SALUTE>
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Wow Bob. That's why you skunked me at Savage Station..........you will do well. Congratulations and welcome to the Club. Drinks on General Meyer, he took my Madeira when he left the AotC. Scoffed off to Washington City.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
Antony Barlow
AotC

Post by Antony Barlow »

A very warm welcome to the club Bob. I hope enjoy some satisfying contests here and also make some new friends.
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome aboard.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome to the club and to the Union!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
K. Fortune
AotS

Post by K. Fortune »

Bob,

I am also an Army veteran )Infantry (101st and 1st ID) and Special Forces (10th SFG). I have about the same experience as you. I am up for a game. Name your game and side. Note, I need to be at Ft Meade until Saturday. I am at a location that allows zero outside electronics. (Thank you M. Snowden!) LTC Ken Fortune