New Cadet Hubert Coupez

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

Hubert Coupez
AotP

New Cadet Hubert Coupez

Post by Hubert Coupez »

Hello Everybody

I'm 55 yr old, maried 3 Child who leave the home now.

I'm playing wargame from 1980 on board and next on PC. i'm living in south-Ouest of the France near a very nice town called COGNAC !!!!!

I serve as Fusillier-Comando in Air Service for 1 Years but there is now a long time AGO 1986

So i play on computer after apple II, Comodore 64, Atari 1024 and now on PC, I try to find some fellow to play with, but very hard for me to find someone, so for 10 Last year i play alone against the PC.

i find 2 or 3 Years ago the JTS/HPS Wargame and love them and i be really happy to find a place here to play against human.

I'm verry interesting in History specialy from Roman to WWII, i'm not historycaly interesting about actual conflict, the period i more appreciate are from 1777 ( Independance War to Civil War including including French Revolution andNapoleon wars )

My purpose when i came here is to find some guy ( or women ) who have the same interest in wargame and play as i espect for long time ago with good humeur, and real friendship !

I hope i can enter in the Foreigner legion of Union

Regards From France

Cheers
Semper Fi - Sicut Aquila

Cadet on the Union Military Academy
nelmsm
AotC

Re: New Cadet Hubert Coupez

Post by nelmsm »

Please give a warm welcome to Cadet Coupez. I'm confident he will be a fine addition to our ranks despite the best efforts of his trainer. Now someone please buy me a drink and I'll gladly repay you on Tuesday.
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard!
I hope you find a lot fun in our club.
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Always glad to greet a new cadet from overseas! I understand that you are being instructed by General Nelms, who is quite possibly one of the Union Army's finest. But you must be on your guard at all times as the general sometimes takes a fancy to stealing hats and gloves, of which he has a large collection.

You will certainly find competition in the ACWGC . . . all kinds of different folks here looking for an honest contest and quite willing to make a new friend. I look forward to the day that you graduate from the Academy, Hubert, and add your sword to those of us carrying on the battle for the Union.

<SALUTE>
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Derald Riggs

Post by Derald Riggs »

Cadet Coupez:

Welcome to the Union Army! We are all looking forward to see you on the field of battle.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
Antony Barlow
AotC

Post by Antony Barlow »

A very warm welcome to you Hubert!
Dan Peterjohn

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Cadet Coupez,

Hubert,

Welcome to the Union Army. I am certain that your career here will match that of your countryman, Brevet Major General Philippe Regis De Trobriand, whose notable commands included the 55th New York (Gardes Lafayette), 38th New York and a Brigade at Gettysburg.

You will find plenty of gaming action with the ACWGC as well as a lot of new friends from all over the world. If you have any questions or problems as a new member, please feel free to call on me.

v/r
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

Michael Barycki
AotC

Post by Michael Barycki »

Bienvenue à l'armée! Wish you the best of luck.
Brig Gen Michael EF Barycki
4th Bde, 5th Div, XV Corps, Army of the Tennessee
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Cadet Coupez:

Hubert, I just got back from France, Normandy and had a great time in your country seeing the sights, interacting with people, and enjoying the cuisine. I know you will be glad you joined this Club as many of us are experienced at the bar and can purchase some fine wines for General Nelms, who struggles from thirst in Texas. Have fun and salute sir.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e