Cadet Michael Barycki

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

Michael Barycki
AotC

Cadet Michael Barycki

Post by Michael Barycki »

Hello all. Currently in training with General Danner. Long time Tiller player but unfortunately mostly vs computer and some not so talented friends. Making adjustments for the learning curve of player v player and hopefully will be able to join the ranks shortly.

I'm a 33 yr old Air Force vet and have been doing reenacting with my 8th NJ regiment since 1999. I currently serve as the adjutant for 2nd Rgt USV (for those of you familiar with the Union organizations in the hobby).

I have my own small creative Philly sports shirt business (www.broadstreetlegends.com) and am currently finalizing my own graphic design/social media/consultation firm as well to help other small businesses grow.

Love history, obviously, but the Civil War and specifically Gettysburg are my favorite studies. I head out to Gburg 4-5 times a year and have been giving my own tours there since I was 16, first through friends and family, and now through word of mouth.

-Mike
Joe Meyer

Re: Cadet Michael Barycki

Post by Joe Meyer »

Nice to have you with us, Michael! I think that you'll find a whole new dimension in playing these games within our club format. We've people here who cut their teeth on the original Battleground series as well as the newer Civil War Campaign series. Both are excellent mediums and offer unlimited involvement. And for those savoring a little more in the way of strategic/operational simulations the club sanctions just about every title that provides an e-mail format.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Gentlemen:

As you can see Michael is a great Cadet and will be a experienced fighter soon. Please welcome him with a bugle call for formal inspection. Salute Michael and congratulations.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
Derald Riggs

Post by Derald Riggs »

Cadet Barycki:

Welcome to the Union Army. I hope you find your training fun and informative. We look forward in seeing you soon on the field of battle.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome and good luck against the enemy. You play against an enemy, but quite often you can call those opponents friends! :D
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Cadet Barycki:

Welcome sir to a truly awesome organization. Both the Union Army and the Club should provide hours of quality entertainment and an opportunity to make friends.

Make the best of it. And beat dem Rebs! 8-)

David
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
Dan Peterjohn

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Mike,

Welcome to the ACWGC and the Union Army. Playing against unpredictable, live opponents (who do not always do what the SHOULD do) brings a whole new experience to gaming. As Ernie says, the best part of joining up, though is the friends you meet through the club.
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

M. Lichtenberg
AotC

Post by M. Lichtenberg »

Mike,

Welcome to the club. I am sure you will not regret it.

Mark Lichtenberg
Brigadier General, United States Volunteers
20th Corps, Army of the Cumberland
Commanding
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard cadet!
I hope you get your own command soon to join our cause!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
B. Kolcun
AotT

Post by B. Kolcun »

Welcome Mike. I see that you already exercised good tactical judgment by requesting assignment with the AOC! Well done sir, huzzah!

MG Brett Kolcun
AOC, Commanding
General Brett Kolcun
5/Cav/XIV
Army of the Cumberland