Lt. Steffen Haug

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Derald Riggs

Lt. Steffen Haug

Post by Derald Riggs »

Gentlemen:

Please welcome Lt. Haug to the Union Army. He is assigned to the Army of the Cumberland.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

Antony Barlow
AotC

Re: Lt. Steffen Haug

Post by Antony Barlow »

A very warm welcome to you!
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome Lt Haug.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
cameronm

Post by cameronm »

Welcome to the club young man, although I can hardly condone your choice of side. When you have the time do drop by the Vicksburg Arms for a few drinks (or more) and we can discuss states rights and the many evils of the Union cause. Just be careful when drinking with the more senior Union officers as they have a tendency to keep their wallets in their pockets. And then there is Gen Joe Meyer who will regale a junior officer for hours on end with his war stories and at the same time drink the bar dry on your bill. Yes the Union taverns are a dangerous place for a new junior officer. :mrgreen:
Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Welcome Steffen to the AotC. Watch out for the pub crawling Rebs as they can never be counted on to pay when leaving any establishment. Mark Nelms is another story as he has great wadges of greenbacks.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
mstjulien19
AotS

Post by mstjulien19 »

Welcome!!!

Captain Michael St.Julien
5th Brigade
Second Division/VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah
Lt. Colonel Michael St.Julien
5th Brigade
Second Division/VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah
Dan Peterjohn

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Lt Haug,

Steffan,

Welcome to the Union Army!!
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

You are most welcome to our brotherhood, Lt. Haug! You will find a great tradition awaiting you in the Union Army and AotC where the drinks are liberally offered and accepted.

Unfortunately there are those who take great advantage of that generosity, people like the Rebel General, Cameron McOmish, who has taken it upon himself to openly roam the taverns of both Military Groups in the search of free liquor. He will attempt to plant seeds of doubt in you mind over your choice as a Union officer, proclaiming that it is still not too late to trade in your Union blue for Confederate gray. You must not allow yourself to engage him in tavern conversation as he has will quickly drain the bar!

Now, if you have a moment and can spare me a drink or two from your signing bonus, I will tell you of my most magnificent day as a battlefield commander. That was back in '07 when I engaged an entire Rebel division with but one stalwart brigade and 6-gun battery at a place thereafter known as Meyer's Hill. We had been placed there with instructions to hold against any and all enemy attempts to force us off it. My four regiments of mixed eastern and western origins were low on ammunition from previous engagement and we had already clipped our bayonets by the time the first charge was made. I had but only three rounds left in my Remington 44. Their first assault up the slopes was made out of arrogance, believing that only one of their four brigades would be necessary to displace us. How wrong they were! That first blast of canister and the well-timed musket volleys from my boys stopped them dead in their tracks, and I do mean dead! You would have shuddered to see the carnage upon those slopes when the smoke cleared. But we had used fully half of our available ammunition and the overwhelming balance of the Rebel division was then already forming up for the second assault. It was precisely then that the most remarkable thing happened ...
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Steffen Haug

Post by Steffen Haug »

Gentlemen, dear fellow officers!

Thanks a lot for welcoming me in your ranks! I´m very proud to be part of this glorious brotherhood. I hope that i can add a little bit to our cause.

even though the time at the Military Academy was really a hard time, I´m especially grateful to General Mark Nelms who introduced me to the art of ACW warfare and thaught me innumerous useful lessons.

I´m 49 years old ( yes i know it´s a little bit old for a lieutenant....) and originated from Cologne/Germany. Many officers from west/south west Germany their heads full of democratic convictions shipped to the US to fight on the federal side. By doing so that i could leave Germany of which most parts fell under the restaurative prussian reign as a result of the Congress of Vienna in 1815.

I would like to invite you to a German beer and a Schnaps which i shipped over from Germany. Please apologize my English.

Lieutenant Steffen Haug