Lt. Clifford Douglas

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Derald Riggs

Lt. Clifford Douglas

Post by Derald Riggs »

Gentlemen:

Our latest recruit has been sent to the west and the Army of the Cumberland. Please help me in welcoming him to the Union Army.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

Joe Meyer

Re: Lt. Clifford Douglas

Post by Joe Meyer »

Good luck to you, lieutenant! The AotC is a fine outfit, one storied with memorable accomplishments and staffed with fine officers. They do tend to be a little light fingered from time to time, so make sure that you keep a close eye on your hat, sabre and horse when you get there, especially if they're buying you drinks! You are also cautioned, lieutenant, to remember your standing orders concerning alcoholic contraband of any form: you are to immediately safeguard them and send them to my office by the quickest method possible. The sooner we can remove these temptations from the battle fields and properly dispose of them, the sooner this war will come to its proper conclusion.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome Lt Douglas.

If you have any questions, please ask, as there are plenty of people to assist. :?:
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Welcome Lt. Douglas!

Glad to have you on board.

David
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
Richard Whipkey

Post by Richard Whipkey »

Welcome to the best damn cavalry division in the union army Lt. Douglas. We have a reputation of riding hard and imbibing precipitously. Regarding General Meyer's cautionary directive regarding contraband, I believe it entirely appropriate to send it on to your commanding officer for proper disposition. Now, Sir, join me in the Injun Tavern where the drinks are on me.

Salute!

Brig. General Richard Whipkey
Commanding Officer
Boots and Saddles Division
XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Salute Clifford. I must say you are going to love the Club you have joined. You will be an excellent officer and no doubt will be awarded many ribbons as accomplishments. Congratulations.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
Dan Peterjohn

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Lt. Douglas,

Clifford

Welcome to the Union Army!
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

cameronm

Post by cameronm »

Welcome to the club son, but I would question your mental state given your choice of sides. The Union cause is abhorrent in all its viper like forms and they are well known for praying on the moral fortitude of young men. Plus the uniform is just so 1850’s, all that rough blue cloth and not a frilled cuff in sight. Well if you want to go into battle for a failed cause, looking like you just climbed out of a rag bin and smelling like an old billy goat be it on your head. Now did I hear someone say “Free Drinks” :mrgreen:
Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

OH, NO! HERE HE IS AGAIN! :shock:

Don't pay General McOmish any mind, Lieutenant. He's an incorrigible drunkard and troublemaker from the other side. He figures if he can create enough disturbance that we'll ply him with liquor just to get him to shut up. Sometimes he comes in already filled to gills and just flails about in a stupor, making a disgusting spectacle of himself. (He also has a habit of sauntering out of our taverns with a stolen tankard or two for his collection.) All this talk about joining the wrong side is actually his way of addressing his own disappointment in his choice of becoming a rebel. He knows that he did wrong, but he can't bring himself to admit it. Nor can he now ween himself off of all that fine Southern bourbon.

Look upon him with pity when he shows up like this; but don't ever take him for granted on the battlefield. He's still an experienced player and absolutely pitiless when it comes to destroying his opponent!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Good luck in the Army of the Cumberland!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac