An old, grey-haired veteran reports for duty!

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Gen Lars W

An old, grey-haired veteran reports for duty!

Post by Gen Lars W »

Dear fellow Union officers of the famous Army of the Cumberland!

I can see that in my absence the last four years, the rebellion is not yet put down! I have therefore resolved once again to rally to the flags and defend the true values of the North and of Liberty as we know it. It is with great pleasure that my humble services has been accepted in my old outfit, the AotC!
We had some great days back in -99 or so when I joined, and I can see that the current leadership has done a lot not only to keep the old values, but also to grow the army and the club into new levels of perfection! Very well done, Sirs!

Now I will go to the blacksmith to have my rusty sabre sharpened and then I will try to rally some old compatriots and form them into shape in a brigade that will engage the rebels wherever they may show their ragged uniforms.

Greta to be back among you, and let's give them hell!

Gen Lars W
(Back in active service)
Gen Lars W
5th Brigade/ 1st Div/ XIV Corps
Army of the Cumberland
USA
Joe Meyer

Re: An old, grey-haired veteran reports for duty!

Post by Joe Meyer »

On behalf of all of the other old, grey-haired veterans still kicking about in this club, let me say that your return, Lars, is met with much pleasure and that we all expect that your presence will finally help us win this thing once and for all! There are still far too many rebs skulking about out there who refuse to recognize that they've been outclassed all along, some of them actually bragging about their own invincibility. (I expect that sooner or later we will hear from Cameron McOmish on this very subject. ;) ) For the moment, though, let us bask in the promise of more glory to come and the rewards of promised victory hoisted upon the point of that re-sharpened sword.

I salute you, General!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

nelmsm
AotC

Post by nelmsm »

Welcome back Lars! Glad to have you taking the field again. Now if you would care to reopen your bar tab again we could fill you in on all you missed.....if I can remember myself.
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
Gen Lars W

Post by Gen Lars W »

Now hurry up before all my retirement previously given out will be spent on these old drunkards' thirst!
And then let's get some rebs to kick around!
Gen Lars W
5th Brigade/ 1st Div/ XIV Corps
Army of the Cumberland
USA
Derald Riggs

Post by Derald Riggs »

Wecome back.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding