FORUM IMAGE CHANGES

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

FORUM IMAGE CHANGES

Post by Joe Meyer »

Many of the images that have been posted within this forum, including all of the UA Reports, Command Approval Documents and General Rank Promotion Certificates, as well as various signature avatars, will soon be disrupted. This will happen because virtually all of those images were previously stored and published through my personal webpage feature as a Comcast subscriber. Comcast has pulled the plug on all personal websites as of October 8th and, as those servers are given over to alternate use, all of the previously published images will be erased.

All Comcast users were given advanced warning of this change, so that I was able to download and save the images back to my PC. In the process I expanded the Union Army Headquarters website (hosted at BlueHost.com) to include an image repository and have uploaded those images there safely for replacement use. All of these images may be accessed and copied for use by anyone. You can do this by visiting the UA HQ site at http://www.unioneaglesonline.com/UNIONARMY/UAHQ.htm and selecting "UA Image Repositories." More images will be added at a later date, including the various avatar images that I have created for some of you. Those of you who were also Comcast personal webpage users and had club related images published there for use elsewhere are welcomed to send me those images for republishing at the UA HQ website. In the meantime, I will be working during the next few months in re-installing the lost images within the past postings to preserve our history.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Derald Riggs

Re: FORUM IMAGE CHANGES

Post by Derald Riggs »

Thanks General Meyer.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

cameronm

Post by cameronm »

As far as I am concerned the Union has always had a poor image, so losing Comcast will make no difference :mrgreen:
Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Indeed, thanks for you effort.