New Cadet Erick Edrada

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

E. Edrada

New Cadet Erick Edrada

Post by E. Edrada »

Hello everyone,

I am Erick Edrada and I just started playing this kind of games last few months coming from Paradox interactive games as well as Total war games. I am 25 years old Aussie.I enjoy military history.I like Naps ACW and WWII games. I'm hoping to meet my fellow gamers in the future.

Erick
Joe Meyer

Re: New Cadet Erick Edrada

Post by Joe Meyer »

Very glad to have you with us, Eric! I believe that you will find us to be a very enjoyable and companionable group...all, that is, except our present Commander, General Derald Riggs, who will steal you blind once he has the chance. His favorite ploy is to invite you over for a drink or two while he eyes your newly issued sidearm and sword, both of which he can realize a handsome profit through the illicit Mason-Dixon Trading Company. Once you've had a wee bit too much to drink, he'll have you unbuckle those items so that you can more comfortably in your chair, feigning a great deal of fatherly affection and attention. You'll never see those things again!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Welcome Erick!

I know you will be well trained in the Academy and look forward to you taking the field.

Best of luck!

David
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome aboard.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Welcome to the Forum and to the ACWGC Erick. There is another Aussie you must be aware of and he hangs out in many Taverns of the Club. General Cam McOmish is that famous Rebel and a great leader of the opposition.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
Dan Peterjohn

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Hi Erick,

Welcome to the Union Army! It's always good to see another Aussie joining us. I'm sure you will enjoy the club and all of the many members we have from all over the world.

v/r

Dan
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

nelmsm
AotC

Post by nelmsm »

Welcome Erick, looking forward to you joining the ranks. Now I'm not sure if they've mentioned it yet in your training but it's a good idea to seek out the older experienced officers and ply them with liquor to get all the tips they can provide. Now General Simms is old but if you get him liquored up he'll just bore you with stories of soldiering with Winfield Scott in the War of 1812 so he'll be of no use. Who else would qualify you say? General Sands just wants to tell stories of storming the beaches at Tripoli so unless you've some sort of North African variant you haven't shared yet you had just as well be easy on your bar tab there. Now I've been around long while and I have been known to accept a drink or ten when someone else is buying.....
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac