New Cadet Richard Lim

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

riclim
AotS

New Cadet Richard Lim

Post by riclim »

Hello everyone,

I am Richard Lim and I have been playing wargames for 40 years. I played a lot of SPI's large campaign games, but that takes a lot of time and space. Thank goodness for computer wargames where we can do a turn a day if we want to.

I am 58 years old and originally from the Philippines. I am married with 3 daughters. They graciously allow me to use the computer to play my turn. Thank goodness for dual screens, so they can keep watching their K-pop while I play (Are you done yet, DAD!!!... whoever designed these games sure had a lot of time in their hands).

I enjoy military history. I like Napoleonics, Civil War and WWII games. I'm not so much into RPG tactical games, but prefer strategic games. I'm hoping to meet my fellow gamers in the future.

Best Regards

Lt. Richard Lim
C. Hecht
AotP

Re: New Cadet Richard Lim

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard and good luck on the battlefield!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Glad to have you with us, Lieutenant! As you've already been commissioned and posted into the AotS you'll be treated with a great deal of kindness and respect, not like the shabby treatment you'd receive from those robbers and schemers in our sister field armies. The boys in the AotC, AotP and AotT love to strip a new officer of his hat, horse and sabre the first time he isn't looking, usually after plying him liberally with drinks. Here in the AotS we do all of that before you drink, knowing that you'll appreciate the drink even more!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Antony Barlow
AotC

Post by Antony Barlow »

A very warm welcome to you, Richard. I hope you enjoy your gaming and the camaraderie this club offers. 8-)
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Lieutenant Lim. Welcome to the Club and the great guys posted here will be full of support. However, you might consider General Meyer's comments of "schemers" with skepticism. Why, because when he left the AotC for Washington he took a train load of captured wines and liquors, plus all the silverware and booty recovered by the XIV Corps. So you see a hat is one thing and plunder is quite another. Salute.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome Lt Lim and good luck against the wily Rebels.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Lieutenant Lim,

Welcome to the Club! I know you will find it lots of fun.

Good luck and good hunting.

David
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
nelmsm
AotC

Post by nelmsm »

Welcome Lt. Lim. I must say General Meyer has it backwards as my plan is to always have new recruits ply me liberally with drinks.....on their tab of course. Give me enough and I'll share with you the story of how I held off the entire 5th Texas with nothing more then my saber and a fiddle.
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor