Pennsylvania Cadet

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

nelmsm
AotC

Re: Pennsylvania Cadet

Post by nelmsm »

Welcome Cadet! Now it's a long standing tradition for new cadets to buy the senior members of the Union Army....well like me for example, copious amounts of alcohol here at the canteen on the off chance you might pry some hard earned lessons out of us. Of course we may choose to have you learn the hard way like we did but you buy your drinks and take your chances. ;) Now I see that you were a veterinarian in the civilized world so maybe you can help me. I've got this sore on my right cheek, not up here cadet but the other cheek and maybe for a few beers you can take a look!
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
David Danner
AotC

Re: Pennsylvania Cadet

Post by David Danner »

Congratulations Scott on your choice of gaming. The Union side is full of notable types from the dapper Derald Riggs to the bush-popper Mark Nelms. For me I just got back from vacation and wouldn't you know it, stocks are down, my Orioles got eliminated, and I was sea sick on my cruise. I'm not worried because my tent is still dry and my mount is ready for battle. Salute from Delaware.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e