New cadet reporting

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

J. Bardon

New cadet reporting

Post by J. Bardon »

Good evening, Sirs. Cadet Bardon reporting for duty. I am currently training with Gen. Russo and look forward to graduation from the academy.

By way of introduction, I was born in Georgia, but please don't hold that against me. I've lived in Massachusetts since grade school and think of the Boston area as my true hometown. I have been an avid student of military history ever since my older brother let me read his West Point military history series texts and have been enjoying wargames since junior high. I have only recently begun to try my hand at the Civil War Battles series and look forward to meeting the Rebs on the field one day.

Cheers!

Cadet Jeff Bardon
UMA
elpaco

Re: New cadet reporting

Post by elpaco »

a warm welcome to you !
Lt. Gen. Francois Chatain
CO XX corps and Adjutant, AotC
Red Badge of Courage Tournament Deputy Director
M. Lichtenberg
AotC

Post by M. Lichtenberg »

Welcome

Mark Lichtenberg
Col (USV)
1/1/XIV Army of the Cumberland
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Cadet Bardon, I thank you for your post and for your interest in our special club. We do, however, like to keep our eye on all Massachusetts men! It is said that, whenever given the chance, they will always find a way to get that extra drink or two! ;)
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

nelmsm
AotC

Post by nelmsm »

I'll be willing to be that Cadet Bardon will be a welcome addition to the Union Army as I think one of his ancestors was actually a Field Marshal under Napoleon though we won't hold that against him... much anyway. I'd be surprised if the talent didn't get passed down through the family line.
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
J. Bardon

Post by J. Bardon »

Joe Meyer wrote:Cadet Bardon, I thank you for your post and for your interest in our special club. We do, however, like to keep our eye on all Massachusetts men! It is said that, whenever given the chance, they will always find a way to get that extra drink or two! ;)

Sir, only two? I must have failed to mention that prior to arriving in the states in the 1850's, my ancestors hailed from in and around Dublin. :)

Thank you all for the welcome.

Cheers !

Cadet Bardon
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard Sir.
A small world isn't it? :lol:
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
Douglas E Shaw
AotC

Post by Douglas E Shaw »

Welcome aboard Jeff! Glad to have you in the Union. We can always use some fresh minds in the club. Best of luck to you in all your games.
Gen Doug Shaw
4th Brig/1st Div/XIVth Corps
Milt Taylor

Post by Milt Taylor »

Welcome fellow Cadet Bardon. When we graduate keep me in mind for a practice game if you'd like to sharpen your skills a bit.

Cadet Milt Taylor
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Welcome sir. Maybe this Cadet requires some Paddy when he drinks at the Tavern.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e