New Union Cadet Reporting

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

M. Friedman

New Union Cadet Reporting

Post by M. Friedman »

New cadet from York, PA, about a 45 minute drive from the Gettysburg battlefield.

I have been playing these games since Talonsoft's first Battleground game Ardennes. I was a fairly active player on the old LeadEaters ladder. Unfortunately, I got busy with school and life and took some time away from the hobby. Just started getting back into it in the last couple of years.

Now I have my own business that I operate from home, which affords me a pretty flexible schedule for bringing the Confederacy to its knees.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some new gamers and being a part of the club.

Mike
Dan Peterjohn

Re: New Union Cadet Reporting

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Cadet Friedman,

Mike,

Welcome to the ACWGC! I am certain that you will enjoy many hours of friendly gaming in our club and will meet many new friends from around the world. It's always good to see fresh faces joining our ranks.

Dan Peterjohn
General, USV
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Glad to see you actually involved with your UMA training, Mike! General Riggs is an excellent officer, one who will task you in your studies. I look forward to your graduation and commissioning.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Milt Taylor

Post by Milt Taylor »

Welcome, fellow Cadet! I know the fields of Gettysburg well. Once we graduate, keep me in mind for a practice game if you'd like to sharpen your skills.

Respectfully submitted,

Cadet Milt Taylor
nelmsm
AotC

Post by nelmsm »

Welcome Cadet Friedman! I'm not sure if General Riggs is being derelict in his duties or just hasn't gotten to that part of the training yet but normally you should offer to buy the senior officers drinks for the night....for several weeks.....to help loosen their tongues and dispense with advice that we had to learn the hard way. It also helps keep you from being assigned the the AoP Latrine Digging Division. :lol:
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Welcome Cadet Friedman!!!!

I'm so glad you have joined the Union Army! Best of luck with your studies and remember to have fun!

I look forward to your and Cadet Taylor's graduation. I pity the Rebs. :lol:

David
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
Douglas E Shaw
AotC

Post by Douglas E Shaw »

Welcome aboard matey! Glad to see that you have gotten a chance to get back into gaming. Best of luck to you in all your battles.
Gen Doug Shaw
4th Brig/1st Div/XIVth Corps
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Hi Mike:

Maybe we can meet up at GB sometime Mike. I live in Newark, DE now after spending most of my life in MD. FYI, General Riggs has been known to take lunch money--ask John Dragan (a Rebel). Two Cadets in training, wow, drinks on Ned Simms or Mark Nelms. Both have the greenbacks to spot us all.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
Derald Riggs

Post by Derald Riggs »

Mike and I are training, and yes, he follows instructions quite well!

Welcome to the Union Mike. Don't fall for General Nelms tricks, he will drink all of us under the table.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome to the club Mr. Friedman, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac