Cadet Corley reporting as ordered

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

M. Corley
AotS

Cadet Corley reporting as ordered

Post by M. Corley »

Hello, everyone. My name is Max Corley, and as part of my initial training I have been asked to post to this forum, so here I am.

A brief biographical sketch: 64 years old; resident of Sarasota, FL for the past nine years; 25-year US Marine veteran, plus an additional ten years as a high school history teacher before final retirement. Wargamer since the age of 12, when my father bought Avalon Hill's "D-Day" for me as a birthday present. Civil War buff since roughly the same age, which coincided with the beginning of the centennial celebrations.

Currently involved in the Jonesboro scenario, under the tutelage of General Ernie Sands. I have already learned much, and am confident I will be receiving many additional valuable lessons at the hands of General Sands before my training is complete. Looking forward to being released from solitary into the general population, where I will hopefully get to know many of you better.
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Re: Cadet Corley reporting as ordered

Post by ernie sands »

Semper Fi!
Looking forward to being released from solitary into the general population,
:lol: :lol:
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
elpaco

Post by elpaco »

a warm welcome to you !
Lt. Gen. Francois Chatain
CO XX corps and Adjutant, AotC
Red Badge of Courage Tournament Deputy Director
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Thank you, Cadet Corley! I look forward to your graduation from the UMA and entrance into the "field!" Always good to see another vet join our ranks...and we have a goodly number of them!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

nelmsm
AotC

Post by nelmsm »

Welcome aboard Cadet Corley! I'm not sure if they explained this to you yet but it is usually a good practice to buy the old hands, why someone like myself perhaps, a few rounds to loosen their tongues and get some good advice....well at least some advice anyway.
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor