Cadet reporting in

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

R. Sickbert
AotP

Cadet reporting in

Post by R. Sickbert »

Gentlemen,

Cadet R. Sickbert reporting in. I may be registered as Randall but at the Bar it is Randy to one and all. I have run the range from the mid 70's and Avalon Hill board fare up through about 2007 or so and Combat Mission and the ACWGC at which time I left gaming. The 150th Anniversary readings and such has re-ignited an interest ACW. I am quite enjoying reading and gaming and the immersion into it all again. Only the Civil War period at this time however.

I look forward to meeting you all at least online but who ever knows where offline goes. I live in Southern Indiana and am not terribly far from much of KY and TN and MO. Perryville is only a couple of hours away. I may yet get to buy some a drink in person. Till then, I have coin on the bar, let us use it up!

Thank you for the warm welcome from Genls. T. Lynn, J. Meyer and E. Sands.

I am ever, your servant,

R. Sickbert, Cadet
UMA
Lt. Gen. R. Sickbert
First Division, Fifth Corp
Army of the Potomac

ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Re: Cadet reporting in

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome, again.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
elpaco

Post by elpaco »

Welcome Randy and thanks for the drink and drink offer.

Leaving in France, it might be a difficult task but who knows
Lt. Gen. Francois Chatain
CO XX corps and Adjutant, AotC
Red Badge of Courage Tournament Deputy Director
R. Sickbert
AotP

Post by R. Sickbert »

Thank you gentlemen for your welcome. Cheers to you... (with raised glass)
Lt. Gen. R. Sickbert
Army of the Potomac

K. Koch
AotS

Post by K. Koch »

welcome to the club Randy!

Regards,
Brigadier General Kevin Koch
4/1/VI
AotS
The Roosters
krmiller_usa
AotS

Post by krmiller_usa »

Randy,

The name rang a bell so I went through my old correspondence and found the memory isn't completely gone, just a bit hazy in where we met. Glad you decided to give the club another try. From your email I understand your previous experience was less than satisfactory. If I can be of any assistance in making it a more enjoyable experience this time around don't hesitate to contact me.

Gen. Ken Miller
CoS
AotP
Gen. Ken Miller

The McKeesport Union Guard

3/3/I
CoS
AotP
R. Sickbert
AotP

Post by R. Sickbert »

General Miller

Hello Sir,

The Club battles were a good experience, ergo why I haven't hesitated to revisit the ACWGC venue. The Club itself was never THE reason that I left gaming at that time. It was just life. And you know....sometimes you get out of it....what you put into it. So here I am, ready to get back into the show :-)

Thank you Sir!

Yr.Obdt.Srvt.,

--R. Sickbert

krmiller wrote:Randy,

The name rang a bell so I went through my old correspondence and found the memory isn't completely gone, just a bit hazy in where we met. Glad you decided to give the club another try. From your email I understand your previous experience was less than satisfactory. If I can be of any assistance in making it a more enjoyable experience this time around don't hesitate to contact me.

Gen. Ken Miller
CoS
AotP
Lt. Gen. R. Sickbert
Army of the Potomac