Appointment--Gen. Kenneth Miller

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

D.S. Walter
Site Admin

Appointment--Gen. Kenneth Miller

Post by D.S. Walter »

U.S. WAR DEPARTMENT
THE GENERAL-IN-CHIEF

Washington,
August 15th, 2010

Gen. Kenneth Miller

Sir,

You are hereby informed that The President of the United States has appointed you Chief of Staff of the Army of the Potomac, in the Service of the United States, to rank from the Fifteenth day of August, Two Thousand and Ten. Should the Senate, at their next session, advise and consent thereto, you will be commissioned accordingly.

You will at once report, by letter, for orders to Maj. Gen. Philip Roubaud, Commanding the Army of the Potomac.

D.S. Walter
Gen.-in-Chief
Gen. Walter, USA
The Blue Blitz
3/2/VIII AotS
ImageImage
"... and keep moving on."
Joe Meyer

Re: Appointment--Gen. Kenneth Miller

Post by Joe Meyer »

Please allow me to express the approbation of the GinC and nation for your former services as the Commander of the Army of the Potomac at a time most demanding of your own personal schedule, and for your continued good service as that army's Chief of Staff! Operators of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad inform me that Maj. Gen. Roubaud's train should arrive here no later than Tuesday, August 17th. Arrangements have been made for both of you to meet at Willard's Hotel prior to your journey back to the field.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

RTHodge
AotS

Re: Appointment--Gen. Kenneth Miller

Post by RTHodge »

Congrats Ken. Well done in your brief stint with the AotP.

Be careful at Willard's! I hear that General's Hooker and Butterfield are in town as well...could get yourself and General Roubaud a famous ill reputation with those two. Much like I did last summer with Hulinsky and Thompson!
General Hodgkiss
3rd Brigade 2nd Division Corcoran's Legion Army of the Shenandoah