Acceptance of Interim GinC Appointment

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

Acceptance of Interim GinC Appointment

Post by Joe Meyer »

Gentlemen of the ACWGC Union Army,

As of yesterday I have accepted the appointment of Interim Union Chief of the Armies (CoA aka GinC), serving for approximately the next two months. As this is an interim appointment I have also determined to remain as the Commander of the Army of the Tennessee.

The calendar of Union elections has determined this period. The first of two elections begins a week from today, Nov. 13th, with the nomination of candidates for one of the two Union Army Secretary positions. This is occasioned by the regular cessation of the present term of General Ernie Sands. This election is scheduled to conclude by December 3rd. Immediately thereafter will occur the second of these elections, that of the regularly elected CoA for a two year term as has resulted from the resignation of General Walter. My acceptance of the interim CoA appointment has precluded my candidacy for the Union Secretary position, and I have not made personal determination at this time regarding my running for the regular post of UA CoA.

These organizational changes warrant my own pledge as interim CoA to maintain an environment free of substantive change in the club or external disruption of the Union Army while it properly shakes itself out. There is no reason why these adjustments cannot be made in the same peace and enjoyable spirit as that of the upcoming Holiday Seasons.

The officers of the Union Command Staff have been separately signaled in these regards, and I expect the functioning of the Union Army to proceed in much the same fashion as it was prior to General Walter's departure from the office.

I am, in all respects, courteously yours,
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

D.S. Walter
Site Admin

Re: Acceptance of Interim GinC Appointment

Post by D.S. Walter »

Thank you for accepting this responsibility, Joe. Whatever I can do to support you, let me know.
Gen. Walter, USA
The Blue Blitz
3/2/VIII AotS
ImageImage
"... and keep moving on."
mvdh

Post by mvdh »

General Meyer Sir! Salute!

A fine choice as interim commander. Joe is a fine officer and a real gentleman to boot. A round of your choice awaits you at the Wooden Indian Tavern on my tab sir!
Maj Gen Mark van der Hagen
CO/2nd Deuce/XIV Corps/Army of the Cumberland
RTHodge
AotS

Post by RTHodge »

Outstanding! Thanks General Meyer. I'll do everything in my poor power to assist you in whatever way I can.
General Hodgkiss
3rd Brigade 2nd Division Corcoran's Legion Army of the Shenandoah

Antony Barlow
AotC

Post by Antony Barlow »

Thank you Joe. 8-)
R. Matthews
AotT

Post by R. Matthews »

Thanks for shouldering yet another difficult task. Let me know how I can help.

Colonel Ray Matthews
Third (First) Cavalry Division, XV Corps,
Army of the Tennessee