Newcomer to the canteen

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

elpaco

Newcomer to the canteen

Post by elpaco »

Hello Gentlemen,

Let me please offer you a drink while I introduce myself to the Union Army officers.

I joined about a week ago and had a warm welcome from Dave Danner (thanks to you) and I am now having my training game with Tommy Lynn who is a very friendly trainer and keen enough to let me win ;) (for the moment at least)

I am 39, the father of two young kids and I am french, from Paris;
I take this opportunity to salute and thank my friend Olivier Bianchi who joined you a couple of months ago and convince me to register.
I have been playing wargames for about 25 years now, starting on board (on all period of times and sizes with special souvenirs of 'The Longest Day' and 'War for the Union') and moving to computer about a decade ago. I played a lot of HPS PanzerCampaigns (more than a thousand turns, generally on huge scenarios), some Napoleonic battles and moved to Civil War recently, thanks again to Olivier.
I also know David Guegan who is an old member of the Union Army, as we are both administrators of a french wargaming club, called 'Campaigns-France' (cheers David).

As you can imagine, I enjoy reading History books, and am currently reading Chancellorsville from S.Sears after reading his other books on Peninsula and Antietam. I am also an amateur ornithologist, I was lucky enough to travel a lot around the world and am a big fan wildlife

Salute,

elpaco aka Cadet Francois Chatain
Lt. Gen. Francois Chatain
CO XX corps and Adjutant, AotC
Red Badge of Courage Tournament Deputy Director
O. Bianchi
AotC

Re: Newcomer to the canteen

Post by O. Bianchi »

Hi Cadet Elpaco

I'm very happy to see you here.
Welcome in the Union Army my friend.
Col Olivier Bianchi
French volunteers brigade.
4/2/XX.
AotC
David Guegan
AotC

Post by David Guegan »

A new young lieutenant!!!

A glass of milk for the newcomer. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
B.G. David Guégan
Brittany Volunteers
XIVth Corps Co
Army of the Cumberland
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Francois the wargamer and ornithologist is a most unusual team. I'm especially glad to meet you and learn of this wonderful hobby. Maybe another Audubon will stop by some of the USA sometime to record history in flight. My hobby of hibiscus cultivation gives me great pleasure mon ami. Maybe you can join Oliver and David in the Army of the Cumnerland.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
elpaco

Post by elpaco »

Thanks guys

No problem of course to join my friends and fight together for France in or around Tennessee :lol:

I am nowhere near Mr.Jean Jacques Audubon of course. I just spent some time in a few National Parks (especially in South Africa) and started to be much interested in birds, recognizing the different species which is sometimes a real challenge (here are some photos I took http://www.oiseaux.net/photos/francois. ... res.S.html)

Back to the civil war, is it normal I don't have access to the 'Pinkerton tent' sub-forum ?
another question : if I want to post on the Mason-Dixon Tavers forum, I need to register there, right ?
Lt. Gen. Francois Chatain
CO XX corps and Adjutant, AotC
Red Badge of Courage Tournament Deputy Director
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Ask your trainer to help you with the M & D Tavern registration.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
David Guegan
AotC

Post by David Guegan »

It's so funny... I have been playing with Francois for years and years... and I didn't know about his other hobby! 8-)
B.G. David Guégan
Brittany Volunteers
XIVth Corps Co
Army of the Cumberland