CoA General Joe Meyer captured!

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Nicodemus

CoA General Joe Meyer captured!

Post by Nicodemus »

Gentlemen of the Yankee army <salute>

Nicodemus, General Cam McOmish, and General Blake Strickler entered this "Mess Tent" 24 or so hours ago, and have found no Yanks in opposition. We can only assume that your army either doesn't care or doesn't have the stomach to step forward. Either way, you look impotent.

General Joseph Meyer, Commander of the Yankee Armies, is hereby declared a prisoner of the glorious forces of the Confederate States Army. We may consider a parole if the conditions are acceptable, however they will without fail include the Colors of the IV Corps, Army of the Mississippi, captured from now retired General Roger Hulinsky. Anything less and you'll have to fight for him.

Highest regards,
General Neal Hebert
Army of the Mississippi
Commanding

ACWGC Cabinet

"The most obnoxious component of the AotM"
Target1221

Re: CoA General Joe Meyer captured!

Post by Target1221 »

What in the world will we do with a four-star Yankee general? I mean... we have enough cooks in the army. He couldn't handle field labor. He can't ride a horse. He has no sense of humor so politics is out. He can't drive a wagon or shoe a horse. Rumor has it that most of his official documents are written by a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters... occasionally one makes sense and he posts it with his signature attached.

I propose we give him back as soon as possible! :mrgreen:
Lt. Blake
Army of the Potomac

Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

General Blake <salute>

All of what you say is true, however he's a better catch than the commander of the AotS as I've posted in the Winchester Arms. The IV Corps colors captured from General Hulinsky several years ago is our demand.

Of course, these are subject to negotiations. We'd consider some words speaking kindly of Nicodemus and Gator Alley acceptable, seeing how he's humbled both General Meyer (Gator Woods) and General Ringbloom (Gator Bloom) in the field. They'd have to be especially kind words, however :mrgreen:
General Neal Hebert
Army of the Mississippi
Commanding

ACWGC Cabinet

David Martin

Post by David Martin »

General Hebert, Nicodemus, General McOmish, and General Blake: {salute}

I regret to inform you you have fallen for our Fearless Leader, Gen. Joe Meyer's, brilliant plan to surround you. :o If you would look around, past the Kool Ade stand, you will see we Yanks are engaged in the tactical maneuver of "Lurking". You are totally surrounded by "Lurkers".

We have perfected this maneuver and made it practically a work of art. It will be the centerpiece of our new tactics manual "Deano's Tactics". :ugeek: Unfortunately, its the only part of "Deano's Tactics" developed so far.

If you surrender peacefully, I will personally ask Gen. Meyer to spare your lives. Otherwise Nicodemus may be the only one to walk out the door. We also demand Nicodemus let go of Brig. Gen. Martin's boot.

Regards Gentlemen. 8-)

Deano
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
Target1221

Post by Target1221 »

Lurkers?

Well.. what you failed to take into account is that we have the "Cloak of Invisibility" with us. Using that and the portable "Cone of Silence" we can easily escape your lurkers.
Lt. Blake
Army of the Potomac

cameronm

Post by cameronm »

Gents Gen Deano has inadvertently let slip, what appears to be, a new tactical formation called "Lurkers". This is of great concern as having formations of Union lurkers hanging around street corners leering at Southern Womanhood can never be tolerated. Gents we shall adjourn to the "Cone of Silence" to discuss our countermeasures. Also I was not aware that the cloak of invisibility had been approved for use?

I also forgot to report that the Confederate Roving Army Secret Service (CRASS) has confirmed that Gen Meyer broke under integration and confessed that he was not that good at maths - just as we suspected :shock:
Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

General Martin <salute>

Deano, my regards!

I don't know what to do, we've been "ambushed" by the lurkers under the masterful plan by General Meyer (who hasn't showed up). All two of you! We'll take our chances :mrgreen:

Gentlemen, I propose we settle this affair in the manner proposed by General Olinsky: let's have a belt or two and hope Nicodemus doesn't eat Deano's horse.
General Neal Hebert
Army of the Mississippi
Commanding

ACWGC Cabinet

Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

General Olinsky <salute>

Corcoran's Legion as it was no longer exists, so the banner will need to reclaim the honor it once held.

The IV Corps, Army of the Mississippi, no longer exists, however the fact that it is in Yankee hands is a different matter. General Hulinski was a friend, mentor, and had a huge influence during my early days in the CSA. I will fight to regain those colors.

What might be your terms?
General Neal Hebert
Army of the Mississippi
Commanding

ACWGC Cabinet

David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Olinsky wrote:Deano... did you grab two glasses or are we just drinking straight from the bottle? 8-)
Gen. Olinsky,

Sir you know me too well. Do you have another bottle? 8-)

Deano
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Nicodemus wrote: Gentlemen, I propose we settle this affair in the manner proposed by General Olinsky: let's have a belt or two and hope Nicodemus doesn't eat Deano's horse.
General Hebert sir {salute}

My complements sir and its good to chat with you! Hope you are well!

Our lurker plan will succeed if we can stay off the sauce. So, do you another bottle? :D

Stg. Maj. Nicodemus has already eaten my horse. :cry: I am just hoping I can eventually get my boot back. :roll: Please let the Stg. Maj. know my foot is still in it. :lol:

So, do you another bottle? :mrgreen:

Deano
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac