3rd Quarter Union Army Combat Medallion Award

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

3rd Quarter Union Army Combat Medallion Award

Post by Joe Meyer »

OFFICERS OF THE ACWGC UNION ARMY,
ATTENTION TO PARADE!

As a result of a report recently compiled from the Department of Records I submit the following information.

For the period of the 3rd Quarter of this year there were fought a total of 254 verified battles; that is, battles only, discluding UMA Training and maneuvers. Out of that number the Union Army posted the following overall record.

70 Major Victories, 27 Minor Victories, 71 Draws, 26 Minor Defeats, and 60 Major Defeats.
By dividing the total number of MV and mV (97) by the total number battles fought (254), the Union Army recorded a .382 percentage.

The overall record for each of the four field armies is given below, in the order of greatest number of battles fought within the period.

ARMY OF THE TENNESSEE (85 battles)
22 Major Victories, 7 Minor Victories, 11 Draws, 9 Minor Defeats, 31 Major Defeats
Percentage of victories: .341

ARMY OF THE SHENANDOAH (80 battles)
17 Major Victories, 10 Minor Victories, 26 Draws, 11 Minor Defeats, 16 Major Defeats
Percentage of victories: .337

ARMY OF THE CUMBERLAND (51 battles)
20 Major Victories, 8 Minor Victories, 14 Draws, 2 Minor Defeats, 7 Major Defeats
Percentage of victories: .549

ARMY OF THE POTOMAC (38 battles)
11 Major Victories, 2 Minor Victories, 15 Draws, 4 Minor Defeats, 6 Major Defeats
Percentage of victories: .342

On the basis of the highest percentage of victories recorded for the 3rd Quarter of 2010, it is therefore my pleasure to award the Union Army Combat Medallion to the Army of the Cumberland!

OFFICERS OF THE ACWGC UNION ARMY,
Present, ARMS!...Order, ARMS!
Parade, DISMISSED!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Allen Neil

Re: 3rd Quarter Union Army Combat Medallion Award

Post by Allen Neil »

What was the best record in our history?

We're better than them!
nsimms
AotC

Re: 3rd Quarter Union Army Combat Medallion Award

Post by nsimms »

Another way that won/lost percentages have been figured in the past has been to throw out the Draws and thus measure wins against losses. Doing it that way becomes:

AotT with 29 wins and 40 losses for a 42% winning percentage
AotS with 27 wins and 27 losses for a 50% winning percentage
AotC with 28 wins and 9 losses for a 76% winning percentage
AotP with 13 wins and 10 losses for a 57% winning percentage

A 76% winning percentage is incredible and the AotC is one tough bunch. Looking through a list of the members of the AotC can justify such a high standard. I've lost to a few of them myself in previous years and can personally testify to their toughness.
Gen Ned Simms
1/1/XIV Corps/AotC
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.