Union Army Report, September/October, 2012

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

Union Army Report, September/October, 2012

Post by Joe Meyer »

General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Martin

Re: Union Army Report, September/October, 2012

Post by David Martin »

Gen. Meyer sir:{salute}

I feel personal responsibility for the poor battlefield showing of the Army of the Potomac and wish to appoligize to all my fellow officers. I will redouble my efforts to perform in a more satisfactory and successful fashion.

I regret my poor efforts reflect so badly on everyone else.

Regards sir,

Col. Martin {salute}
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Col. Martin, it has never been the objective of either the ACWGC or the Union Army to see who could win the most games or garner the most medals and ribbons. It has been, instead, the creation and continuance of an environment in which every player can enjoy himself and find a satisfactory measure of camaraderie! The statistics are presented as a requirement of the administration, which is a nice thing to have and which helps to create a spirit of competition in activity and presence. Moreover, the dynamic nature of the membership, the on-going lessons derived from the gaming experiences and the changing levels of expertise and leadership are all things that impart a distinct impermanence to any statistical snapshot of the Union Army as a whole or any of its component field armies. If you have found your experiences within the club up to this point to have been of personal value and satisfaction, then the goal of the club has been realized, just as it has for so many of us who have been in the past and may still remain as officers.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Martin

Post by David Martin »

General Meyer sir: {salute}

This is and has been one of the most enjoyable and personally valuable experiences of my life. :!: It is not totally satisfying because I get my teeth kicked in so often. :oops:

But I am finding as I get more club mature, maybe a little better, and more comfortable with everyone and their individuality, it truly is more satisfying to play and interact with the members of the club than it is to merely win a game.

I have several games going right now that are exceptionally satisfying.

I just wanted to "own up" if anyone was a little perturbed at my batting average so far.

With Warmest Personal Regards Sir, I remain,

Most Sincerely,

Col. Martin {salute}
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac