Message for Gen. Meyer

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Target1221

Message for Gen. Meyer

Post by Target1221 »

Sir,

My compliments! You have a fine new officer in your ranks who I believe you may have already met, Capt. David "Deano" Martin. I just wanted to call your attention to his fine enthusiasm and spirit since joining the Club. I have played the new officer a number of times already and find him to be am enjoyable opponent and a solid fellow. He is currently without power down in Louisiana (stupid hurricanes) but let us hope he returns to us safely soon.
Lt. Blake
Army of the Potomac

Joe Meyer

Re: Message for Gen. Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Major (soon to be Lt. Col.) Martin is our newest secret weapon out of the Union Military Academy, where he was molded and shaped under the good auspices of Col. Tommy Lynn. Col. Lynn liberally imbibed him with Old Blue Light Ale during his training regime and had him throw darts blindfolded at the pictures of Confederate senior officers during class breaks. He also told his cadet that should he not make Colonel by Christmas, that he would be stripped of whatever rank he had made and given a Monopoly set to finish out his career.

We wanted to try out this approach in our training program as something of an experiment to see if we could produce an officer with unlimited enthusiasm and staying power, someone who could eventually crack down on tavern raiders and freebooters from across the Mason Dixon Line, and scare the crap out of General McOmish!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

cameronm

Re: Message for Gen. Meyer

Post by cameronm »

You boys have not got the wherewithal or cunning to stop this good ol boy from doing your taverns over. The Confederacy for ever <salute>

Dang those darts hurt my face - if I ever find that idiot that threw them I will thrash him good
Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA