Union Taverns to become Dry – By the Order of Gen Meyer

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

cameronm

Union Taverns to become Dry – By the Order of Gen Meyer

Post by cameronm »

I am not one to sow the seeds of dissention in the ranks, but the CSA semi secret service intercepted a memo from Gen Meyer to all has command staff informing them that all union taverns were to become dry – yes teetotal, no booze, dry as a very dry thing. He issued even more heinous instructions that all alcohol had to be delivered to his Washington beer fridge. Shocking I know. So my advice, for what it is worth, is that ya all should drink all the alcohol in the Union taverns as soon as possible to thwart Gen Meyers evil plan. Now I know that ya all do not have the experience to do all this drinking, so I shall led you in your efforts

Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Mossiers Swiss Guard Division
First Corps
Army of Alabama
CSA

Equal Opportunity Tavern raiding since 1861
Gen Cam McOmish
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
Potomac

Re: Union Taverns to become Dry – By the Order of Gen Meyer

Post by Potomac »

As usual, Confederate information is false. The only officers we don't buy drinks for are Johnny rebs.

General Don Golen
3rd Cavalry , I corps, AotP , Union!
3rd Cavalry Division
I Corps
Army of the Potomac
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Once again, a shabby attempt at pilfering our stocks by ruse! General McOmish continually roams the bars of both sides looking for any opportunity and spinning any yarn, no matter how implausible, that he believes will result in a free drink for himself! This latest fabrication is another good example of how far he can stretch the truth. I only confiscated the wine stocks, as I had heard from an unnamed source that a Rebel sabotuer had made the rounds in disguise and affixed a drop of ipecac to the tops of all of the wine bottle corks. Such tampering had to be dealth with swiftly, or the Union Army would have been decimated from wretching!

I have since found out from personal experimentation that only the ports were tainted to any noticeable degree, although I have not yet completed my sampling of all of the reds. I will have concluded my inspection of this dastardly deed by the end of September; if, that is, I have received the shipment of sausage and cheese promised me by the same unnamed source!

Meanwhile someone should, perhaps, detain General McOmish at a comfortable table with a few beers until I can get there to more closely question him as to the identity of the unnamed source!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Awe man, I thought it was because we were all drinking the Reb's beer and whiskey in the field because we had marched through and confiscated it all. Darn, maybe next time?
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
cameronm

Post by cameronm »

Listen to me young man, the Union high command is always putting spin on every dang event. Take it from me the bar will go dry before you know it. So lets make the most of it before the sad day arrives - make mine a large one, a very nice Lt :shock:

Gen Cam McOmish
CoA
CSA
Gen Cam McOmish
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Gen McOmish Sir: {salute}

I have been taking advantage of it full time since I got my Commission. My knees are weak and I think I'm going to be sick. "But if I don't die by Thursday I'll be roar'n Friday night".

Hope to see you in the field when I sober up. Now, back to the bar...

Your Ob't Servant,

Lt. Martin
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac