In Memorium: B. G. Jerry Butley (2/4/VI, Class of 2007)

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Drex

In Memorium: B. G. Jerry Butley (2/4/VI, Class of 2007)

Post by Drex »

It is rare to lose a valued member by natural causes, so it is with a saddened heart that I must announce the passing of Brigadier General Jerry Butley of the 2nd Brigade of the 4th (Cavalry)Division "Kansas Dragoons" on May 28th,2012.
I never got to know Jerry but I know many of you did and I would like you to post any memories that you may have of him so that those of us who never knew him might have some idea of the type of guy he was. Jerry will be placed on the Retirement roll and may he rest in peace.

Sincerely,

Drex Ringbloom
General Drexel Ringbloom, AotS,Commanding

Joe Meyer

Re: In Memorium: B. G. Jerry Butley (2/4/VI, Class of 2007)

Post by Joe Meyer »

Word of Jerry's passing came from his wife, Ashley, who said that her husband's death was unexpected. She stated, I didn't want you to think that he had abandoned you guys."

Jerry joined the ACWGC in September of 2007 and was an avid HPS gamer. He posted a very respectable 31-4-15-1-23, amassing 526 OBD points. One of his favorite maneuver pals was Maj. Gen. Joe Bukal of the AotT. Jerry was also a member of the Colonial Campaigns Club and the Panzer Campaigns Club.

"ON FAME"S ETERNAL CAMPING GROUND THEIR SILENT TENTS ARE SPREAD."
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

BillS

Post by BillS »

I did not know the man but my condolences go out to family and friends.
Lt. Colonel Bill Schmitt
3rd (Cav.) Div.
I Corps
AotP
tciampa
AotC

Post by tciampa »

My deepest sympathy and condolences.
Major General Tom Ciampa, AoC, XIV, 2nd Div, 4th Bgde "Deuce Fourteen"