UMA Recognizes General Mark Nelms

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

UMA Recognizes General Mark Nelms

Post by Joe Meyer »

OFFICERS OF THE ACWGC UNION ARMY,
ATTENTION TO PARADE!

I am most gratified to officially present the following awards in the name of General David Danner, Superintendent of the Union Military Academy, to General Mark Nelms in his capacity as a UMA Instructor. General Danner's citation is copied below.

"With the approval of the General-in-Chief, it gives me great pleasure to award General Mark Nelms a Unit Citation and the Union Army Good Conduct Medal for generously volunteering to train a Cadet with only the WBS game. At the very last minute General Nelms learned of my need, quickly loaded the game, trained and graduated the officer within days. This exemplary service to the Academy is a perfect illustration of the initiative and enthusiasm General Nelms brings to the Club and an example for all of us to follow. Salute, sir."

This is General Nelms' first Unit Citation and his second UA Good Conduct Medal.

OFFICERS OF THE ACWGC UNION ARMY,
Present, ARMS!...Order, ARMS!
Parade, DISMISSED!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

nsimms
AotC

Re: UMA Recognizes General Mark Nelms

Post by nsimms »

Salute!!!! I'm not going to say true or false about any claims of good conduct, but as far as service, assistance, friendliness, and willingness to game at any time at any rate of return, Gen Nelms has been that way since day 1 in this club for him, almost 12 years ago. He's getting so old and feeble now that somebody had better hold him up while we pin the medals on him - let's see, I laid that hammer and nails around here somewhere.
Gen Ned Simms
1/1/XIV Corps/AotC
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
Antony Barlow
AotC

Post by Antony Barlow »

Congratulations Mark. Very well deserved! 8-)
Don Centers

Post by Don Centers »

General Nelms,

Thank you, sir. The award is well deserved.

<salute>
Lt. Gen. Don Centers
6/1/V/AotP