Lt. Gen. Peterjohn Receives His Fourth Star!

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

Lt. Gen. Peterjohn Receives His Fourth Star!

Post by Joe Meyer »

Gentlemen of the ACWGC Union Army,

Please join me in heartily congratulating Lieutenant General Dan Peterjohn on his promotion to a full generalcy of the ACWGC! This has been a long time coming and very richly deserved by him!

I have posted below my recommendation of him to the Cabinet, made yesterday.

"Gentlemen of the ACWGC Cabinet,

"I have for a long period of time looked forward to this particular recommendation for promotion of a full generalcy for Lieutenant General Dan Peterjohn. This recommendation comes directly from me in the most positive of terms.

"According to the extant records, Dan Peterjohn became a club member in the Spring of 2001, being assigned to a brigade command within the original Union Army of the Tennessee, the 207th member of the ACWGC. An avid Battleground aficionado, he has steadily engaged himself in competition and club activities since that time, winning a Union War College prize in the first quarter of 2003 and assuming a divisional command, First Division, XV Corps, within the AotT in 2006. About that same time, 2003, he became an instructor at the UMA, a position that holds to this day, and has since completed a total of eighteen cadet training games.

"Dan Peterjohn is the recipient of the Outstanding Service Medal, the Kearny Cross, and two Honorable Service Medals. His OBD Point total currently stands at 1,226, ranking him as the 43rd highest officer in the "Top Gun" manifest.

"I first met Dan when I became the temporary AotT CoS and conversed with him about his continued status within the club during that time the AotT and AotO were merged. Still an actively employed training consultant with the U. S. Department of Defense, Dan, a West Point graduate, was a former Col. in the U. S. Army, having risen to the commanded an armored battalion and having served in Korea, Europe and the Middle-East. He consented to remain within the re-organized AotT, assuming command of the Second Infantry Division, XVI Corps. He thereafter quickly established that division as a crack outfit, demonstrating his leadership capabilities in a very open and apparent manner, and helping to bring about a fresh perspective in the AotT by his example.

"After assuming direct command of the AotT, I offered the role of Chief of Staff to Major General Peterjohn, one which he accepted with clear and enthusiastic manner. Much of my own success and subsequent fashioning of the AotT was underscored by the timely and prompt support of his actions and commitment. He was accordingly raised in rank to his lieutenant generalcy as a result. It was only natural for me to consider him for the direct command of the AotT when I became the UA CoA. After some serious thought and consideration he assented to the appointment and became the AotT AC in April of this year, a position which he has unflinchingly and excellently held and administered to this date. His own accomplishments in that role are noteworthy and exemplary to the entire Union Army, and he has taken great pride and satisfaction in the job that he has done and continues to do.

"General Ernie Sands, the UA Western Theater Commander, also supports this recommendation, stating, 'I completely concur with this promotion.'

"On this date, the 1st of November, the date signaling his final qualification of time in command for his full generalcy, it is my very distinct and forthright pleasure to recommend Lieutenant General Dan Peterjohn to this Cabinet for his fourth and final star!"

I have subsequently ordered the Washington Dispensary to open its doors with free drinks to all those who would care to join in the celebrations!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Danner
AotC

Re: Lt. Gen. Peterjohn Receives His Fourth Star!

Post by David Danner »

Bring out the good stuff for the party---congratulations Dan. Salute.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

<<<SALUTE>>>
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
Don Centers

Post by Don Centers »

Lt. General Peterjohn,

Congratulations, sir!

<salute>
Lt. Gen. Don Centers
6/1/V/AotP