Union Military Academy Instructors Needed

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

mperrenod

Union Military Academy Instructors Needed

Post by mperrenod »

For various reasons, several of our veteran faculty members have left the UMA in recent weeks. (My halitosis might be getting bad.) I would invite any officers with at least a year's experience in the club to apply for one of the vacant positions. Things to bear in mind:
  • * You do not have to be the best player around. We're teaching or validating basic skills here, not advanced S&T.
    * You do need to be committed to the effort. New cadets need support to become steady members of the club. Training matches should have first priority among your club activities.
    * Successful faculty are friendly, engaging, and knowledgeable. The most important part of a cadet's training experience is to get to know their way around the club, and to feel comfortable connecting to both comrades and opponents.
The pay is good, instructors are respected among their peers, and you'd be doing some of the most important work to sustain the club. Training support provided. Those interested should contact me by e-mail.
Gen. Matt Perrenod
The Blue Ghost
1/2/VIII Army of the Shenandoah
Superintendent, Union Military Academy
nelmsm
AotC

Re: Union Military Academy Instructors Needed

Post by nelmsm »

mperrenod wrote:For various reasons, several of our veteran faculty members have left the UMA in recent weeks. (My halitosis might be getting bad.) I would invite any officers with at least a year's experience in the club to apply for one of the vacant positions. Things to bear in mind:
  • * You do not have to be the best player around. We're teaching or validating basic skills here, not advanced S&T.
    * You do need to be committed to the effort. New cadets need support to become steady members of the club. Training matches should have first priority among your club activities.
    * Successful faculty are friendly, engaging, and knowledgeable. The most important part of a cadet's training experience is to get to know their way around the club, and to feel comfortable connecting to both comrades and opponents.
The pay is good, instructors are respected among their peers, and you'd be doing some of the most important work to sustain the club. Training support provided. Those interested should contact me by e-mail.
You forgot to add the cadets are prone to ply you with copious amounts of whiskey to get passing grades...what do you mean no one else gets whiskey from their cadets?
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
mperrenod

Re: Union Military Academy Instructors Needed

Post by mperrenod »

Well that explains the quality of your reports, Gen. Nelms!
Gen. Matt Perrenod
The Blue Ghost
1/2/VIII Army of the Shenandoah
Superintendent, Union Military Academy