Lt. Gen. Thompson To Command VIII Corps

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

Lt. Gen. Thompson To Command VIII Corps

Post by Joe Meyer »

Congratulations, Pat! I believe that VIII Corps will continue to be in good hands!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

eireb

Re: Lt. Gen. Thompson To Command VIII Corps

Post by eireb »

Suhs!

Having recently been handed my seat on a tray by Pat Thompson,

Please allow me to be the fustest to buy him a Beer 'n' Whiskey chaser combo and to offer my congratulations in his promotion.

I am so certain that He will be an effective and competent Corps Commander - that I will forgo joining in for now . . .

I gotta get back to CSA HQ and report this development.

Congratulations Pat! <SALUTE!>
Drex

Post by Drex »

Of course, the VIII Corps was Pat's all along and I just filled in for him until he retired. Its all yours,Gen. Thompson, I know the men will do you proud." Quincannon, the first case of whiskey is on me (if my tab allows it)!"

Lt. Gen. Drex Ringbloom
General Drexel Ringbloom, AotS,Commanding

tciampa
AotC

Post by tciampa »

Nice work Thompson and Congratulations! Sometimes, however, it is lonely at the top :D Good luck and much more success to you. SALUTE!
Major General Tom Ciampa, AoC, XIV, 2nd Div, 4th Bgde "Deuce Fourteen"