Commission--Brig. Gen. Stefan Reuter

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

D.S. Walter
Site Admin

Commission--Brig. Gen. Stefan Reuter

Post by D.S. Walter »

THE PRESIDENT OF THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Washington,
September 14th, 2010

Col. Stefan Reuter

To all who shall see these presents, greeting:

Know ye, that reposing special trust and confidence in the patriotism, valor, fidelity, and abilities of Stefan Reuter I have nominated, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, do appoint him a Brigadier General in the service of the United States, to rank as such from the Fourteenth day of September, Two Thousand and Ten.

He is therefore carefully and diligently to discharge the duty of Brigadier General by doing and performing all manner of things thereon belonging. And I do strictly charge and require all officers and soldiers under his command to be obedient to his orders as Brigadier General. And he is to observe and follow such orders and directions, from time to time, as he shall receive from me, or the future President of the United States of America, or the General or other superior officers set over him, according to the rules and discipline of war. This commission to continue in force during the pleasure of the President of the United States, for the time being.

Given under my hand, at the City of Washington, this the Fourteenth day of September, in the Year of our Lord, Two Thousand and Ten.

By the President: A. Lincoln

Gen.-in-Chief: D.S. Walter
Gen. Walter, USA
The Blue Blitz
3/2/VIII AotS
ImageImage
"... and keep moving on."
Joe Meyer

Re: Commission--Brig. Gen. Stefan Reuter

Post by Joe Meyer »

News of General Reuter's promotion reached us at the AotT's Memphis Headquarters only yesterday, where it was received with much satisfaction. As the commander of the XV Corps' Second Infantry Division Brigadier General Reuter has shown himself to be a most deserving officer; and it is with great anticipation that we await his eventual elevation to that of a major generalcy, a promotion that is certain to come in due time. But for now his first star sits nicely and solidly upon each of his shoulders.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

mperrenod

Post by mperrenod »

Congratulations, Stefan!

I wish Dierk had been CoA during any of the times I grabbed a new star - his proclaimations will make your chest swell!
Gen. Matt Perrenod
The Blue Ghost
1/2/VIII Army of the Shenandoah
Superintendent, Union Military Academy
krmiller_usa
AotS

Post by krmiller_usa »

Gen. Perrenod,

I still have copies of all your promotion certificates and awards that occurred while I was AotS Citations Officer from 2001-2007 if you'd like to have them.

Gen. Ken Miller

The McKeesport Union Guard

3/3/I
CoS
AotP
D.S. Walter
Site Admin

Post by D.S. Walter »

mperrenod wrote:Congratulations, Stefan!

I wish Dierk had been CoA during any of the times I grabbed a new star - his proclaimations will make your chest swell!
It's the actual text of commissions as issued during the ACW. I believe the only difference is that actually the commissions were countersigned not by the G-inC but by the Secr. of War. It's been a while since I created this template so I'd have to look it up.
Gen. Walter, USA
The Blue Blitz
3/2/VIII AotS
ImageImage
"... and keep moving on."